Light hood?

Calypratus

Established Member
I ordered the arcadia D3 6% t5 bulb and when it arrived it was broken :( that's not the real issue though I didn't realize it needed a hood thing.
What hoods and stuff would be compatible? I was using compact uvb bulb until I was informed they do not provide adequate uvb lighting. Someone please help me!

Wherever you ordered the bulbs from likely sells the fixtures as well. The fixture will be slightly longer than the bulb. 22” t5ho bulb uses a 24” t5ho fixture. I ordered all mine from Pangea. Glad to hear you are upgrading from the dome/coil lighting. Very beneficial change for your cham!

I've found here in Colorado the ZooMed T5HO 24" can be had for $50-$60 and comes with a 5.0 22" bulb. The Arcadia are a little more expensive at $75-$100 here at least.

I ordered the arcadia D3 6% t5 bulb and when it arrived it was broken :( that's not the real issue though I didn't realize it needed a hood thing.
What hoods and stuff would be compatible? I was using compact uvb bulb until I was informed they do not provide adequate uvb lighting. Someone please help me!
Arcadia do the T5HO unit with tube of your choice. Slim, compact, great units. You can even daisy chain them if you have multiple setups so they all use just 1 plug. 3 foot runs around £50 over here.

Back
Top Bottom