Letting crickets loose

DABRUTE

Is it ok to just put lots of feeder crickets in their cage and let them eat throughout the day?

I wouldn't put a load in maybe about 8 see if they eat them, if they do eat them add 8 more in, what I do is tend to keep them in a plastic bowl stop them from escaping and turning on my chameleon and start feasting on him cause they will eventually start nipping at him and then eating at him, so at night I take what ever is left out incase they turn on him when he's asleep

If you're going to free range crickets interest cage I would do as Tango suggested and not put too many in at once...and I would also out a small container of greens and veggies in so the crickets have something to chew on besides the chameleon. It keeps the crickets gutloaded too.

Yeah I would feed my cham 8-10 small crickets when he was younger about an hour after he woke up and he'd usually eat them all up and then around noon I would give him probably 8 more. You want to make sure your chameleon has time to bask and digest before going to sleep. Now that my cham's older he will eat about 5 large crickets in the moring then 3-4 more around noon. And like everyone else said you want to take out any crickets that are still in the cage when your cham goes to sleep or they will bite him while he sleeps.

Thanks! So what type of bowl or container do I keep then in, so they can't jump out? Where would I place it?

I put 15 in when I feed my male in the AM and they are all gone within 5 minutes. He is almost 10months. Aggressive eater. Its almost impossible for me to keep anything in his cage before he gets to it.

I put 15 in when I feed my male in the AM and they are all gone within 5 minutes. He is almost 10months. Aggressive eater. Its almost impossible for me to keep anything in his cage before he gets to it.

haha my 3.5 month old veiled is like that.
loves his food. i also don't think he would stop eating if i didn't cut him off.

Back
Top Bottom