Let's see some of you guys' homemade and naturalistic cages!!!

CAMTHECHAM

Hey guys!

Just wanted to see some of your guys' naturalistic/DIY cages.:)
My chameleon right now is 5 months old but he is huge! so I am trying to get some ideas for his adult cage.

Thanks again!!!

Work in progress and I'm not sure how naturalistic it looks but I am planning on adding another Pothos and a Ficus in the next week. Also I am supposed to receive my Mistking on Friday so that will be fun to install this weekend:).

Attachments

• 20150126_231956.jpg
    20150126_231956.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 186
  • cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 178
holy smokes thats nice... wish we had reddit upvotes.... lol

Thanks! I'm planning to build another when I'm done with this one. If the interest is there I will create a thread and document every step along with a material list and cost. I had a lot of fun working on this one. I posted a few pics in another thread on here as well.

Mine is under major construction, but is 8 foot tall by 3 feet wide, has drainage that goes directly into the basement floor and ties into the sewer. The plans for it is to have a custom cocofiber/ tree fern panel background, so I can plant bromeliads and epiphytes and Live plants potted directly into the floor sub strait , it is wired for 3 mist king nozzles and will be lighted with a 120 Watt Aquarium Coral Reef LED Grow Light! I am undecided what I want to house in it so far though, I sure I will have no problems finding something suitable!

Mine is under major construction, but is 8 foot tall by 3 feet wide, has drainage that goes directly into the basement floor and ties into the sewer. The plans for it is to have a custom cocofiber/ tree fern panel background, so I can plant bromeliads and epiphytes and Live plants potted directly into the floor sub strait , it is wired for 3 mist king nozzles and will be lighted with a 120 Watt Aquarium Coral Reef LED Grow Light! I am undecided what I want to house in it so far though, I sure I will have no problems finding something suitable!

Please post photos!

This is my custom cage. There are a few in progress shots. It was so much fun to make.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thank-goodness-9-ft-ceilings-111618/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/txtr-lite-panels-photos-115144/

I would update with new photos but it doesn't look any different really. I did upgrade to Light Your Reptiles lights which was an amazing change in the color and quality of the light.

That's super cool too! It sounds like I should look into getting some of those light your reptile brand lights.

enclosure is 4' X 4' X 2'.. stand is 3' X 2' X2'... cabinet has all the electrical and water setups on the right side and a installed custom feeder tank on the left side...

Attachments

• IMG_20140516_165220_443.jpg
    IMG_20140516_165220_443.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 122
Here's my boy's enclosure. It has changed a bit since this picture, but the basic style is the same. I used a 24" quad T5HO from lightyourreptiles and it really shines! Along with a MistKing system to make life easier, the home was complete.
full
full
full

Hope this gives you some ideas! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
enclosure is 4' X 4' X 2'.. stand is 3' X 2' X2'... cabinet has all the electrical and water setups on the right side and a installed custom feeder tank on the left side...

Here's my boy's enclosure. It has changed a bit since this picture, but the basic style is the same. I used a 24" quad T5HO from lightyourreptiles and it really shines! Along with a MistKing system to make life easier, the home was complete.
full
full
full

Gorgeous! I love both of those.

I like the canopy idea.. have to put one together for mine... looks more finished with that with it... did you do any ventilation so the inside of the canopy didn't get too hot from the lights???

Gorgeous! I love both of those.

full
full
full

I was going to use pvc to build my enclosure so I can give my chameleon a lot of room but after seeing this I may have to look for a cabinet I can build into a cage. Super cool set up

I like the canopy idea.. have to put one together for mine... looks more finished with that with it... did you do any ventilation so the inside of the canopy didn't get too hot from the lights???

It is open on top and the rear. I have a piece of wood for mounting the basking lamp fixtures, but the canopy itself is lightweight. The top of the enclosure has aluminum screen so there is plenty of circulation. The attachment shows the lighting setup and you can see how the canopy looks from the inside.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blog_attachment.php?attachmentid=180&d=1355424681

Back
Top Bottom