Lethargic

hi106

* Your Chameleon - It is a Female Jackson, approx. 4-5 months old, been in my care for little over a week.
* Handling - Only time I have handled it was to put it in it's new home.
* Feeding - Gut loading crickets with potato and carrots.
* Supplements - Only used once, Chameleon calcium plus, vitamin and mineral supplement.
* Watering - 4 times a day with mist king Chameleon seems to drink after I water.
* Fecal Description - I have no idea what Chameleon poop looks like.
* History - Lived in the pet store for approx two months.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Built the cage from 2x4 and plastic screening, 2'x3'x4'
* Lighting - 8am-9pm is when lights are on, 100w heating bulb approx 6inches away from enclosure, 5.0 repti sun florescent UVB bulb.
* Temperature - Basking spot at top is 80-82F, floor is 70-72F, night time whole cage drops to around 68-70F
* Humidity - Between 50-70%, misting with automatic mist king
* Plants - All live plants, two umbrella plants, and a hanging basket of vines, not sure the plant type.
* Placement - Located near a window with a vent under it, i have the vent shut off, and the window blinds closed.
* Location - Western Kentucky

She is very sluggish and moves funny when she walks. kinda jittery. Tends to stay in the same spot for long periods of time. She hasn't eaten as much today as she normally does. I haven't seen her drink but I haven't been home to watch. Any suggestions on what's wrong?

Jacksons don't move around much like veileds and panthers do. I have 3 and they are pretty content sitting in a favorite spot most of the time. When sprayed, they jitter. Have no idea why, but my male jitters more then the females. It appears to be normal because I have had them for about 8 months and they do it every day. Hope someone else answers also.

Jacksons don't move around much like veileds and panthers do. I have 3 and they are pretty content sitting in a favorite spot most of the time. When sprayed, they jitter. Have no idea why, but my male jitters more then the females. It appears to be normal because I have had them for about 8 months and they do it every day. Hope someone else answers also.
i agree. my jacksons doesn't really move around all that often. he has his favorite branch to chill on during the day and he'll even sleep in the same spot for weeks at a time before switching it up. i wouldn't say he is jittery all the time, but def often enough for me to notice it :)

how far is the basking branch from the light bulb, what size dome, what type of light and what is your ambient room temps?

jittery as in how? like is she shaking or rocking when she moves about?

my jacksons go through short periods where they will stay in the same spot for a while. mainly though, they move about the cage. not as much as a panther or even a veiled but they do roam a bit.

i would ask the pet store what they have been feeding her, how often, the supplements used, frequency and what they were feeding the insects. id also ask if she is wild caught or captive born. has she ever had a fecal?

* Your Chameleon - It is a Female Jackson, approx. 4-5 months old, been in my care for little over a week.
* Handling - Only time I have handled it was to put it in it's new home.
* Feeding - Gut loading crickets with potato and carrots. Check sandrachameleons blogs on gut loading.
* Supplements - Only used once, Chameleon calcium plus, vitamin and mineral supplement.Id recommend you using plain calcium every feeding and calcium plus once/twice a month
* Watering - 4 times a day with mist king Chameleon seems to drink after I water.
* Fecal Description - I have no idea what Chameleon poop looks like. Been one week and you have seen no poo?
* History - Lived in the pet store for approx two months. did you see it there for two months or are they telling you it was? ask them when was the last time the animal ate.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Built the cage from 2x4 and plastic screening, 2'x3'x4'
* Lighting - 8am-9pm is when lights are on, 100w heating bulb approx 6inches away from enclosure, 5.0 repti sun florescent UVB bulb.
* Temperature - Basking spot at top is 80-82F, floor is 70-72F, night time whole cage drops to around 68-70F have a question listed above.
* Humidity - Between 50-70%, misting with automatic mist king
* Plants - All live plants, two umbrella plants, and a hanging basket of vines, not sure the plant type.
* Placement - Located near a window with a vent under it, i have the vent shut off, and the window blinds closed.If you place your hands around the window seals can you feel a breeze at all?
* Location - Western Kentucky

She is very sluggish and moves funny when she walks. kinda jittery. Tends to stay in the same spot for long periods of time. She hasn't eaten as much today as she normally does. I haven't seen her drink but I haven't been home to watch. Any suggestions on what's wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom