LET ME OUT

Kristen Wilkins

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_4855.JPG
IMG_4856.JPG
IMG_4860.JPG

!!! He is so handsome! How old is he now?
Septiceye is 10minths , he's such a Ham lol . He's beyond friendly he's waiting Clong on his enclosure door every morning . I have to video it . He comes outa there Macho as can be straight for the door till he can go out . Then he's ready to eat . He's like get to it MOM !!. When you say Toni loves beening out I totally get it !!.

I think it's something about panthers that just yearns for freedom lol.
I believe your right . Care Wise Frances and Septiceye are pretty much the same . A bit hotter basking no veggies for Septiceye that's about it . Personality could not be more different . Frances is my grumpy little girl , she will hang out in her tree ,Hang out in her window, climb the curtains give stink eye but if she's some place you don't want her we can put her back in her tree and she's fine with that . Septiceye one can't take eyes off him he likes exploring everything and anything , hellbent to do what he wants we blink and he's some other place or back to doing just what you took him away from:rolleyes: lol . Frances is shy with most ppl , Septiceye he thinks everyone is his personal tree . :love: There such little loves I love how different they are .

Hi I'm new here an also a new chameleon owner I have a veiled chameleon I don't know how old but he's rather antisocial he hides when I approach I try not to handle unless cleaning his home I leave the cage open an he does climb out but when I approach he hisses at me I don't know what to do i tried hand feeding he just cowers an hides an suggestions please.
20170520_161125.jpg
20170520_161111.jpg

Hi I'm new here an also a new chameleon owner I have a veiled chameleon I don't know how old but he's rather antisocial he hides when I approach I try not to handle unless cleaning his home I leave the cage open an he does climb out but when I approach he hisses at me I don't know what to do i tried hand feeding he just cowers an hides an suggestions please. View attachment 182439 View attachment 182440
You have some changes to make !!. How are you funds ?

I believe you have a female can you send me a clear pic of hind feet ? You need to change over to a screened enclosure asap !!!!!!!. Also read this . https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/ .

I believe he's a boy he has little bumps or spurs on his hind feet an I'm getting the mesh cage on Monday the 4 ft tall one I'm out at the moment bur as soon as I'm home ill take pics of his back feet so you can tell me if I'm right or wrong . Is there anything I can do to make him less afraid of me

I believe he's a boy he has little bumps or spurs on his hind feet an I'm getting the mesh cage on Monday the 4 ft tall one I'm out at the moment bur as soon as I'm home ill take pics of his back feet so you can tell me if I'm right or wrong . Is there anything I can do to make him less afraid of me
He won't be comfortable with you until he's comfortable with his surroundings (enclosure) your set up is not for a Chameleon . Once you get him set up correctly give him a bit of time to get to know his new enclosure . When your in his room leave his door open do your thing with his door open . Try hand feeding him his favorite feeders . You have to gain his trust . Keep working with him with feeders let him explore . It takes time if he's not been raised right along handled . Chameleon's have very strong willpower and there pray (food) in there Natural habitat . See if @Matt Vanilla Gorilla can chim in he's the god at Handling !!. He can handle the very most scared chameleon and gain 100% trust check in with him .

Last edited:
Hi I'm new here an also a new chameleon owner I have a veiled chameleon I don't know how old but he's rather antisocial he hides when I approach I try not to handle unless cleaning his home I leave the cage open an he does climb out but when I approach he hisses at me I don't know what to do i tried hand feeding he just cowers an hides an suggestions please. View attachment 182439 View attachment 182440
His limbs look a little 'wonky'. Do you have a UVB light?

Back
Top Bottom