Let me know if everything good

elduderino

hey guy, it's been a week since i got my carpet cham, i named him Rhaegar. He looks like he is doing good and getting used to his new home.
I just wanted you guys to check out everything and let me know if what i'm doing is correct. thanks

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
-carpet chameleon, male, 3-4 months, i have had him for a week
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
-have not handled him yet, i think he is scared of me:(
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
-mostly crickets, a few phoenix worms, he is eat 12-18 a day, i cup feed i put 10 in a morrning before work, then at my luch break, i come home a put 10 more around 1 oclock. i am using bug burger, and i have some carrots with dry bug burger on them.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
-rep-cal calicium no phosphorus and no d3 everyday, and once a week repashy calcium plus
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
-i have a dripper going all day. and i have a mistking, mist 4 times a day 10min in the morrning hour after lights on at 7, then 5 min at 10, 8 min at 1, 3 min at 3 and 3 min at 5. i have only seen him drink once
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings.
-i think it looks good, i took a pic, nice and white urate
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
-no
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
-i got him from dooley so i'm sure he was in good hands

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
-screen cage. 24x14x20
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
-im using 20" ReptiSun Terrarium Hood,18" ReptiSun 5.0 Bulb, 50w Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp. lights on at 6 and off at 7;30
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
-at the bottom it's 70-75, basking temp is 80-85. night temp is around the low 70's. i have 2 analog temp and humidity guages. digital temp with prob at basking spot and a digital hygrometer.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
-50%-80%, mistking, 2 analog and 1 digital hygrometer
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
-yes, ficus plant
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
-bedroom, not near any fans or vents, no traffic, 4 feet from the floor
Location - Where are you geographically located?
-southern california

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
- nuthing really, just wanted to make sure everything is correct for my little guy

here are some pics, soory for the quality, took them with my phone
this is his cage

this is when i just got him

these are from the weekend and today

and the poo

Looking good. Keep up the good work. This is a great forum for new owners as well as owners with lots of experience. :D

thanks for checking it out and the encouragement, means alot, and im glad everything is good for my little guy:D thanks again for everything and all the people that helped me out. Great forum.

Back
Top Bottom