Let’s see those free range setups!

Reptofreak

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have been working on Ivy’s free range and wanted to share a pic. I’m still not done as I want to build a planter box at the bottom with a solution for drainage, but that will have to wait tell spring. I would love to see what everyone else has done with their free range setups.

Bill

Attachments

• ED55035D-06AD-4655-B56C-F40FDAAC5712.jpeg
    ED55035D-06AD-4655-B56C-F40FDAAC5712.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 509
I was just about to post something free range related... I have one on two of my floors. I picked up this pet barricade on Amazon, and it was enough to block in both free ranges. Maybe even a third if it doesn't need to be cat proof. I think there are smaller, less expensive versions, too. I got them because a) I want to keep my fat, lazy, non jumping cat away from the chams, and b) Charlie is an escape artist who consistently tries to sneak off the free range when I'm not looking (and will shimmy back up the tree when I turn around and catch him in the act!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTG94TH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I dont really have any good pics. The upstairs bedroom is just a money tree with a big, crazy, twisty branched umbrella tree. I need to spiff it up, it looks like an overgrown weed lot. But it has a (dirty) window!

Downstairs is the nicer free range that has 2 ficus alii, an umbrella tree, an amate and some little plants.... with some huge cork pieces.

36F9C9F1-6C15-4968-9F10-928F27BD0827.jpeg C005D6D4-E7D5-4C6B-952B-2F7CCE565CB4.jpeg D5EE7A20-F79F-4B15-AB9E-0C9A05BF7090.jpeg

I was just about to post something free range related... I have one on two of my floors. I picked up this pet barricade on Amazon, and it was enough to block in both free ranges. Maybe even a third if it doesn't need to be cat proof. I think there are smaller, less expensive versions, too. I got them because a) I want to keep my fat, lazy, non jumping cat away from the chams, and b) Charlie is an escape artist who consistently tries to sneak off the free range when I'm not looking (and will shimmy back up the tree when I turn around and catch him in the act!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTG94TH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That looks like it should work, good idea. Ivy never tried to leave her free range, stays at the top most of the time. She only comes to the bottom to poop.

That looks like it should work, good idea. Ivy never tried to leave her free range, stays at the top most of the time. She only comes to the bottom to poop.

One of the panthers climbed off one day and I nearly had heart failure because I couldnt find him anywhere. It was within the blink of an eye... then I found him on the freerange’s lamp. :rolleyes:

I dont really have any good pics. The upstairs bedroom is just a money tree with a big, crazy, twisty branched umbrella tree. I need to spiff it up, it looks like an overgrown weed lot. But it has a (dirty) window!

Downstairs is the nicer free range that has 2 ficus alii, an umbrella tree, an amate and some little plants.... with some huge cork pieces.

View attachment 254235View attachment 254236View attachment 254237
That’s a good lookin fella!

You have achieved free range perfection when they return to the same sleeping stick each night, and dont find them just sleeping on random sticks turns the week.

You have achieved free range perfection when they return to the same sleeping stick each night, and dont find them just sleeping on random sticks turns the week.
Lol she always sleeps on the little swinging bridge going to the coconut house. She has never gone inside the coconut, but she loves to climb on top of it lol.

I am a little late to the thread, but just found it. This is was looking for.

They were much nicer over summer. Dropped a lot of leaves in the winter. And I'm jealous of your fiddle leaf fig, mine died in the garage :confused:
I know this is old but my dads been raising this fiddle leaf fig since it was like 3 inches it’s the tree on the left

sorry for the paper towels this weekend I’m making a drainage system

Attachments

• 98365076-9DB5-4D51-BC85-5F03431B3A02.jpeg
    98365076-9DB5-4D51-BC85-5F03431B3A02.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom