Leon's new Crib

arosstyler

Hey Guy!

JUst finished Leon's new setup. Marty from Habitat Designs custom made this screen cage and it rules! 48" tall, 24" deep and 36" wide. It has a Mist King misting system, ESU 36" hood running a Reptisun 10.0 tube and 2 slimline Verilux 25w neodyme bulbs for light (thanks for the tip Catherine), themostat conroled baskin lamp with a ceramic heat element. There is a 6 year old Pothos with long fraking vines and a brand new Scheff that is about 3' tall. White on the bottom is towells. Not sure how the mist will fall yet and no drainage strategy yet.

UVB at basking is coming in at 34-45 µW/cm². Rest of his cage is fom 0-18 µW/cm². This tube is only a few hours old so this is a great number! According to The UV Guide site the 10.0 Reptisun tubes come in at a UVIndex of 3.1 at 100 µW/cm². So I am excited that this lighting UVI will be more like 2.0 or less in Leons cage at 34-45 µW/cm². The MVB I had before could have fried him :(

Pets10-13-07023.jpg

Pets10-13-07015.jpg

Pets10-13-07009.jpg

Pets10-13-07018.jpg

stupid question...Do you hand feed ur crickets? or do u drop em in the cage? cause one would think if u drop it in the cage they would escape?

Basically looks like one of the bluebeast cages with the screen replaced with that plastic mesh stuff you can buy at Lowes/home depot. I thought about using the same mesh but it is kind of large for feeders to escape.

Basically looks like one of the bluebeast cages with the screen replaced with that plastic mesh stuff you can buy at Lowes/home depot. I thought about using the same mesh but it is kind of large for feeders to escape.

Original screen is not replaced.

Actually these are made by the same guy that makes all the blue beast cages :)

If you look close you will see there is tight fiberglass "pet screen" on the back and sides and regular aluminum screen on the from and top for strength.

The green platic stuff from Home Depot is secured to dowel rods (1/2") and put in front of the screen. This gives the cage tight screen on all sides to prevent feeders from escaping and a safe climbing surface of the green stuff for Leon!

Oh and I cup feed ainly but some times toss a feeder or two in loose so he can hunt.

I'm glad chams don't read the forums. Mine would be ANGRY with me! He'd be jealous and it looks great! Can't wait for my pothos to break out like yours did. Clyde loves to hide in his, although they don't provide much at the moment.

I love Leon :)

I love seeing pictures of Leon.........Your Avatar is one of my favorites. Nice big cage for him to roam around in too :)

Back
Top Bottom