Lennon and his cage.

Yeah, I worry that her extended stay (8months) at a petstore has negatively impacted her growth... guess we'll see! Girl can eat, let me tell you! Pretty sure she has a miniature black hole in her somewhere. :unsure:

Ya Cynthia and melon would eat anything I give them. I think it’s just natural for female chams to want to eat more due to egg production. Lennon seems to only eat so much then leave a few items if I put more then normal in there. He seems to know his limit.

I was just looking back at old photos of Lennon and I found some of his cage that make me feel embarrassed. I don’t think I have ever posted them so I will.

here’s Lennon looking awesome strutting around. But really he’s saying where is everything? This is the day after I got him. It’s kinda hard to see but all he had was 2 vines and one fake plant yes I got the zoo med kit. Had wrong lights as well.
:(

1D00A903-F2E7-410B-85B0-EF2C978B4019.jpeg
00B16BAF-50FC-412F-829E-B94C711C0AD0.jpeg
7D39218C-6AA3-445F-A34E-D1064D7EED87.jpeg

Here he is a couple weeks later. You can see I started to make a bit of improvement to his cage. Added a pothos to the bottom of the cage. And a couple more pathways. Still not a great setup.
75C6B058-2FC3-4DB7-B854-18309D0CC5E4.jpeg

about a month and a half after I got him I made a huge upgrade for him. I still had the wrong uv light but got a t5 a couple days after this pic was taken.

A2442AE0-4949-481D-A54D-96F03D7FFC6A.jpeg

His cage has gone through many more changes over the past couple years with plants dieing and changing branches and vines to totally redoing everything. Here’s his current setup.

C227CBEC-FA2C-482E-8B00-5E3BC9035E26.jpeg

I was just looking back at old photos of Lennon and I found some of his cage that make me feel embarrassed. I don’t think I have ever posted them so I will.

here’s Lennon looking awesome strutting around. But really he’s saying where is everything? This is the day after I got him. It’s kinda hard to see but all he had was 2 vines and one fake plant yes I got the zoo med kit. Had wrong lights as well.
:(

View attachment 250879View attachment 250880View attachment 250881

Here he is a couple weeks later. You can see I started to make a bit of improvement to his cage. Added a pothos to the bottom of the cage. And a couple more pathways. Still not a great setup.
View attachment 250882

about a month and a half after I got him I made a huge upgrade for him. I still had the wrong uv light but got a t5 a couple days after this pic was taken.

View attachment 250884

His cage has gone through many more changes over the past couple years with plants dieing and changing branches and vines to totally redoing everything. Here’s his current setup.

View attachment 250885
That damn cham kit lol Got me too!

the Worst part is the store I got him from had a way better starter kit that they put together but I got the crappy one cause I thought they needed screen not glass.
Mine sold me extra stuff too. And yeah it was all incorrect as well. I spent a fortune on all the wrong everything. Then spent a fortune on all the right stuff. I could have paid off half of the cost on my daughters braces for what I have spent the last year on chameleons lol.

Mine sold me extra stuff too. And yeah it was all incorrect as well. I spent a fortune on all the wrong everything. Then spent a fortune on all the right stuff. I could have paid off half of the cost on my daughters braces for what I have spent the last year on chameleons lol.

lol I know the feeling.

Looks awesome!!!

thanks. Now I wish I had gotten a big exo terra before I had redone his cage like this instead but to late. I don’t want to keep changing it on him so this will have to do for now. If I ever have to redo it I will just get an exo terra and go bio active. Or do a cabinet build.

thanks. Now I wish I had gotten a big exo terra before I had redone his cage like this instead but to late. I don’t want to keep changing it on him so this will have to do for now. If I ever have to redo it I will just get an exo terra and go bio active. Or do a cabinet build.
I’m working on a large bioactive build right now for a Dragon Strand Large Atrium and just finished an XL reptibreeze bioactive.

Attachments

• BB9E48A1-4AF1-429D-BCA2-100368782032.jpeg
    BB9E48A1-4AF1-429D-BCA2-100368782032.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 60B3E653-76F6-4F05-8DCD-71370841D89A.jpeg
    60B3E653-76F6-4F05-8DCD-71370841D89A.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 52
I understand, could always Bracket two XL Repribreezes together?!

ya I’ve thought of that. But I have a drainage tray that would fit a atrium cage perfect but 2 reptibreeze cages would be a bit to big lol.

also I’m saving a lot of space for baby setups for when I breed Lennon and cynthia soon.

ya I’ve thought of that. But I have a drainage tray that would fit a atrium cage perfect but 2 reptibreeze cages would be a bit to big lol.

also I’m saving a lot of space for baby setups for when I breed Lennon and cynthia soon.
I feel ya on the drainage tray, I'm going to starting making my own built in drainage setups soon as I'm getting tired of the shop vac routine every day or so.

Save all the space you can! Between three XL reptibreezes, the Large Reptibreeze, a D.S. - Large Breeder Series and now the D.S. - Large Atrium, I'm going to need to start converting lower shelfing space for baby cages in 6-7 months as our first female is going to be laying her first clutch within the next few weeks. We're keeping the females and males both in XL's for now while we still have the space to do so. I foresee us converting the "other" spare bedroom into ANOTHER cham room until our hobby turns into an addiction and we have to move to the garage!

I feel ya on the drainage tray, I'm going to starting making my own built in drainage setups soon as I'm getting tired of the shop vac routine every day or so.

Save all the space you can! Between three XL reptibreezes, the Large Reptibreeze, a D.S. - Large Breeder Series and now the D.S. - Large Atrium, I'm going to need to start converting lower shelfing space for baby cages in 6-7 months as our first female is going to be laying her first clutch within the next few weeks. We're keeping the females and males both in XL's for now while we still have the space to do so. I foresee us converting the "other" spare bedroom into ANOTHER cham room until our hobby turns into an addiction and we have to move to the garage!

lol ya I keep debating moving my bedroom into the tiny room I’m using for storage so I can use the bedroom for chams lol.

it took me a while to decide what I was gunna do for baby setups but I have it planned out now and have started buying stuff. Now I just need Cynthia to be ready. Gunna start to show her to Lennon to see if she’s receptive.

lol ya I keep debating moving my bedroom into the tiny room I’m using for storage so I can use the bedroom for chams lol.

it took me a while to decide what I was gunna do for baby setups but I have it planned out now and have started buying stuff. Now I just need Cynthia to be ready. Gunna start to show her to Lennon to see if she’s receptive.
Nice! Our second female just started showing receptive to our other male today. She’s literally “twerking” on the top 2” of the side of her cage at him and he’s pacing going crazy. Going to put something taller up on the side she’s climbing so that they can’t see each other. They must have just noticed each other because they’ve never shown any attention to one another.

Back
Top Bottom