Length in labor of infertile eggs

I’m partly to blame for the post vet visit tension. I came in and shut the thread down to send you to the vet without giving you the right questions to ask.

I think we need to put together a quick thread or graphic of everything that needs to be covered in an egg bound vet visit, maybe keep it in the Care Images section. @Decadancin @Brad

I have left her alone
You need to wrap the bottom half of her viv in a towel so she feels more secure, probably part of the reason why she hasn’t laid yet...

I’m partly to blame for the post vet visit tension. I came in and shut the thread down to send you to the vet without giving you the right questions to ask.

I think we need to put together a quick thread or graphic of everything that needs to be covered in an egg bound vet visit, maybe keep it in the Care Images section. @Decadancin @Brad

You need to wrap the bottom half of her viv in a towel so she feels more secure, probably part of the reason why she hasn’t laid yet...
You shouldn’t feel that way! I’m actual thankful you did tell me to go. I wouldn’t of known she had a broken arm. I thought it was pressure from the eggs. I wouldn’t of known of the calcium. so I appreciate it.
idecided to remove the bin because I saw her actually struggling to dig behind it. I added towel on the bottom. And covered the front of her enclosure so she can feel more safe to release them. I’ll check on her later tonight when I need to give her the other dose.
Don’t mean to sound ignorant but what is “viv”

You shouldn’t feel that way! I’m actual thankful you did tell me to go. I wouldn’t of known she had a broken arm. I thought it was pressure from the eggs. I wouldn’t of known of the calcium. so I appreciate it.
idecided to remove the bin because I saw her actually struggling to dig behind it. I added towel on the bottom. And covered the front of her enclosure so she can feel more safe to release them. I’ll check on her later tonight when I need to give her the other dose.
Don’t mean to sound ignorant but what is “viv”
Lol don’t get me wrong, I don’t feel bad in the least! I was just saying I could have done better...

I’m concerned our message of leaving her alone isn’t really getting through, leaver her 100% alone until it’s med time.

Any progress?
Hi!!!
i am happy to inform that she actually made her way down and settled her eggs. She has been there all day. She just climbed back up. I went to check on her and noticed she covered her eggs. But this afternoon she was full blown releasing them. I gave her her meds still. Just Incase this took too much out of her. Her top half looks very skinny. But in the back, you can tell she has stilll has eggs. When do I know she is completely done? How long do I leave her her covered eggs? Tomorrow I will call doctor to see if I can discontinue the calcium and stuff. She has a recheck on Saturday. I did put some crickets in there just Incase in the morning she is hungry.

You said..."this afternoon she was full blown releasing them. I gave her her meds still. Just Incase this took too much out of her"..laying them where? Did you pick her up when she was laying eggs to do the meds?When she's not laying them the right way...in a hole....one after the other until she's done...you have no way to be sure that she has laid them all....that's why an X-ray would be needed to show that she's done. You asked "how long do I leave her her covered eggs?" ....normally this update be until she's done...but she's not doing things normally. You aren't helping things by constantly doing things in her cage...you fed her crickets...you put the bin in...you took the bin out....you disturbed her to give her medication... She needs to be left alone to get on with the egglaying job.
Don't leave any crickets in the cage over night...they might chew on her....and now I'm making you disturb her because you disturbed her to put the crickets in when she didn't need them. I'm sorry ...not trying to upset you....just trying to get your chameleon through this.

You said..."this afternoon she was full blown releasing them. I gave her her meds still. Just Incase this took too much out of her"..laying them where? Did you pick her up when she was laying eggs to do the meds?When she's not laying them the right way...in a hole....one after the other until she's done...you have no way to be sure that she has laid them all....that's why an X-ray would be needed to show that she's done. You asked "how long do I leave her her covered eggs?" ....normally this update be until she's done...but she's not doing things normally. You aren't helping things by constantly doing things in her cage...you fed her crickets...you put the bin in...you took the bin out....you disturbed her to give her medication... She needs to be left alone to get on with the egglaying job.
Don't leave any crickets in the cage over night...they might chew on her....and now I'm making you disturb her because you disturbed her to put the crickets in when she didn't need them. I'm sorry ...not trying to upset you....just trying to get your chameleon through this.
Hey, totally get it. Thank you.
So I literally haven’t disturbed her today. Yesterday I removed the bin because she was struggling to dig behind it. And since she already has a broke arm, didn’t want her to break anything else. I woke up to turn on her lights. When I turn on her lights I automatically give her her calcium and mist her enclosure. I put her right back on her branch. She released an egg right away on the branch. Now that everything is covered, when I passed by to check on her when the doctor called I saw her no where near her branch or leaves. I got a little closer and looked over and saw her with A LOT of eggs. I didn’t touch her, she didn’t see me, and I wasn’t really close. And I went about my business. I kept passing by to see if she was on her branch. Still not there. She made her way back up at 10pm. When I saw her on her branch that’s when I went near to turn off her light. And gave her her med and put her back on her branch. I looked at her enclosure and noticed she actually covered them with the soil and the shredded paper towels. I thought the crickets would of been a good idea. But luckily I only put 10 so in the morning when I turn on her lights I’ll take some out. I don’t think she is done because I can still see eggs in her. I know I will definelty do the X-ray. I chose not to before because I didn’t have the funds for all the stuff required. But I will definelty do the X-ray on her recheck. I left her eggs undisturbed.

I'm glad to see that you're getting it!
How much calcium do you give her each time? Is it liquid? Do you know the name of it? Just hoping she lays all the eggs.

I'm glad to see that you're getting it!
How much calcium do you give her each time? Is it liquid? Do you know the name of it? Just hoping she lays all the eggs.
Yes lol after a lot of worrying and now that I feel more relaxed I have learned the hard way to leave her alone. I wish I was more well informed before because I would of prevented this. It’s liquid form the calcium. Calcium Glubionate 23mg/ml . And I give her 0.1mL one in the morning and one at night.

Hi! Two days ago the vet called and was concerned of her going up and down to release her eggs. So she said to move the branches down. Shift all of her climbing low, to limit climbing. It was a back and forth conversation, how I do not feel it’s best for her especially since she is comfortable releasing her eggs. All said and done. I moved the branches down. What a mistake. She was more concerned about getting back up to her enclosure rather than digging. I noticed her darker in green tone, usually that means she’s upset. And when I tried giving her her meds she was not happy at all. So today, or yesterday I decided to rearrange her enclosure and do a deep cleaning. I know I was told to leave her alone, but I was stressed seeing her stressed. She allowed me to remove her with ease, and she hung out on the side sofa as she watched me clean her enclosure. I placed her in there and she’s back to her old self. She dropped an egg. Noticed one side is empty but the other side is with egg. I covered the bottom. She did some digging. So we will see. The last time she dropped eggs, I found 37 eggs. Attached you will find her current sleeping position. Is that normal?

Attachments

• FB432635-F87C-4D67-93E4-DCF1F1A62E99.jpeg
    FB432635-F87C-4D67-93E4-DCF1F1A62E99.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 84
  • 7CF99483-63AD-4CF0-8DF9-32B72E353D64.jpeg
    7CF99483-63AD-4CF0-8DF9-32B72E353D64.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom