Leif's Eye Shut During Day

Crashbandit05

Avid Member
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Male panther chameleon (locale cross), almost two years old. Owned for about a year and half.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Seldom during winter, several times/week during spring and summer.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Mainly crickets with bsfl, waxworms, hornworms, and superworms. He probably eats 3-4 times a week. Gutload with cricket crack for dry and use squash, zucchini, pepper, apple, carrot for wet.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Repashy Calcium plus and I dust crickets and superworms every feeding
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? MistKing goes off at 6:30, 9, 12:30, 3 for various minutes. 5 being shortest and 10 during the 12:30 misting. Don't usually see him drink but have noticed him the past few days while he's having a ⅓ body shed.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Typical colors (white, off white urates with brown fecal) but he will hold his BMs until he comes out of his enclosure.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Bought from reputable site sponsor.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Dragonstrand breeder series
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? ZooMed LED/UVB combo with linear UVB bulb. Dome incandescent bulb for heat. Lights on timer come on at 6 and turn off at 7.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Bottom of cage is low 70s, mid cage is 73-75 depending and top is mid 80s. His spot ranges from mid 80s to 90* Ambient low at night is 70s. I measure with a digital temperature gun.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? Right now ambient humidity percentage in the house is 40% but it measures higher near his enclosure. How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? The Dragonstrand has solid walls to help with maintaining humidity and the location is in a corner away from furnace
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? 3-4 foot tall scheflerra aboricola serves as main plant. I have a golden pothos vine that is start to creep around. Various fake plants/vines and real branches from outside.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? A corner of the living room. Top of cage is above my head and I'm 6’5. It rests on a baker's rack. Not a lot of people or foot traffic other than myself and family.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Western NC mountains.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Leif is on day three of a ⅓ body shed and today I've noticed that he is keeping his left eye closed unless I disturb him. The way he sits is so I can't see the other eye. I know it's been about 6-7 months since I changed the UVB bulb so that will happen later this week.
IMG_20180114_142711.jpg
IMG_20180114_142743.jpg
IMG_20180114_142805.jpg
IMG_20180114_142904.jpg

Forgot to mention, as far as I know, this started today so I hope if there's something off with my husbandry I can fix it before a vet appointment is scheduled. The closest one that is comfortable with exotics is hours away..

I'm really sorry and I hate being like this but how do I post things like this?I hope all the best for you and your chameleon!
I'm sure it's in good hands! :)

I'm really sorry and I hate being like this but how do I post things like this?I hope all the best for you and your chameleon!
If you mean make a post on the forums in general you can go to the forums bracket at the top of the page and select a subject and there will be a button that says “post new thread” then you type like a reply but about your subject

If you mean make a post on the forums in general you can go to the forums bracket at the top of the page and select a subject and there will be a button that says “post new thread” then you type like a reply but about your subject

Yep! Select the appropriate forum category (general, health, etc...) select post new thread, make a title that explains the reason for the post, write your post and submit with "Create Thread" ;).

Back
Top Bottom