Leg bumps

Jkepes

Are these bumps a problem?
48AC6221-BED5-4CFE-9AAE-08D8FD7B096D.jpeg
F0480F80-C4E0-473D-917A-C4FE6492A8AC.jpeg
D707CC75-D25C-4FCC-A0C0-27FD3631766D.jpeg

What is your supplement schedule and what are you doing for UVB lighting? It looks a bit like Metabolic Bone Disease. The bones start to bend when they don't get enough calcium.
I was afraid it might be. He’s sharing a cage with another baby, seller said didn’t need to separate till 6 months old but clearly not the case as other one is considerably bigger. And getting aggressive. I dust crickets every other day with calcium. Otherwise they get fruit flies. Superworms. Standard uvb light that came with cage. Legs aren’t bent, but have those bumps. The other baby has straight no bump legs.

And a picture of the enclosure, too!
ZooMed reptibreeze medium is enclosure I moved him to last night. With approved plants from forum list.translucent Veiled chameleon-2 months old, had him since he was 3 weeks bought at super reptile show in Los Angelos . Hand mist 2 -3 times a day. Wingless fruit flies twice a day, for last 3 weeks tiny crickets dusted with zoo med repti calcium w/ D3 every 2 days. Blue bottle flies every other day, super worms in a dish but he doesn’t seem to eat them. I’ve seen him drink. Dusted fruit flies with vitamins twice. I just moved him last night out of a larger enclosure that he was sharing with same age veiled. The other is much bigger and I think preventing him from basking as often as needed. Poop looks healthy, sheds normally. Active, eating. Just the bumps on front legs are different from other chameleon. Not bowed or bent just bumps. As shown in pic.

What is your supplement schedule and what are you doing for UVB lighting? It looks a bit like Metabolic Bone Disease. The bones start to bend when they don't get enough calcium.
Lights came with zoo med cage. Dust crickets with zoo med calcium w/D3 . He gets them every other day.

Taller is one he was in with other baby, shorter is where I moved him to last night

Attachments

• B7760023-EB45-4629-B15A-F8EEDD44E96B.jpeg
    B7760023-EB45-4629-B15A-F8EEDD44E96B.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 617A05AC-4CFF-4287-925D-48994AC0E8F6.jpeg
    617A05AC-4CFF-4287-925D-48994AC0E8F6.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 73
You need to read this and do some adjustments to your husbandry. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
especially this part. "Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."
You are giving too much D3 and not enough calcium. Too much supplemental D3 can pull calcium out of the bones and have other consequences.
You should fill out the form and get a full husbandry review asap.

Back
Top Bottom