Left over Sheading

Pdelago

So I posted about this before and I tried the shed aid stuff but just misting him with it and it didn't seem to help..

There is still left over shed and I'm not sure what to do... kind of starting to worry about his over all health. He still eats but doesn't have a huge appetite. He has been a Binge eater for months and very picky about what he binge eats...

Please check out the picture and let me know what you think... thank you.

Attachments

• 20171102_135901.jpg
    20171102_135901.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20171102_135913.jpg
    20171102_135913.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 103
He’s going to be okay :) My panther had this problem and after his next shed he did fine. Mine does shed quite frequently though since he is young. I would suggest a shower for your chameleon. Please please please look up the proper way to shower them in ththe actual shower because it takes some effort. Hope this helps your lil dude!

Extra misting would probably do him a lot of good. Yes, if you decide to shower your chameleon, there is a proper way to do it. Showering can be very stressful for chameleons who are not used to it, so ease him into it and do not immediately start showering him every day. This happens sometimes, and I have found that the direct misting is much more helpful and causes less stress form the chameleon.

Aww, your cham looks great! Keep the humidity up & he should work it out. We give our Veiled a bath a couple times a week, he loves it & it's great for his skin, especially during shedding. Use luke warm water, no deeper than what he can hold his head above. Our Veiled is also very tame & every cham is different.. so just watch what his colors & body language are telling you in potentially stressful situations (y)

Are you gutloading your feeders? I found that gutloading with a variety of leafy greens helps the chameleon get all the extra vitamins and fats it needs and in turn helps sheds and overall health. It isnt uncommon for chameleons to have small bits of stuck shed like this and shouldn't cause an issue.

Back
Top Bottom