led supplemented lighting

stephen

I've been observing many setups on this forum (and YouTube) and it doesn't seem like anybody is using LEDs' as an additional light source. I happen to love the technology and what it can do for a screen home. I'm thinking a couple t5s (12%arcadia and 6500k) a basking lamp and a 5000k led would make an enclosure nice and bright, and wicked plant growth. Anybody have any experience with this kind of setup? Thanx

You do realize that switching to t5 increases light output 33%, a reflector will more than double cage brightness, and t5 ho are double the wattage, and you want to run 2 bulbs. Your light will litteraly be 10x brighter than 1 t8 reptisun.

My cage (if you call it that since its 28"x51"7ft tall) has 2 42" t5 HO (same setup as you want, 1 12% and one 6500) with 1 65k halogen basking spot and its bright as hell, and i can grow hibiscus plants just fine.

Thanx nightanole. I figure I'll start with the t5's and halogen, then add led if I need it. I was thinking about the baby/juvie cage. Lyr has a wicked 18" cfl unit. Looks perfect for a smaller setup.

Back
Top Bottom