LED bar recommendations

Because I kinda like you ppl, I have this led and it’s amazing!! It’s on sale so why not, your crazy if you pass on it bruh.... ok bye

Attachments

• 52122291-479B-4F0A-8330-EBB55B70B501.png
    52122291-479B-4F0A-8330-EBB55B70B501.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 134
IDK if it'll be any help to you, but I just decided on this Sansi.

I liked the X configured one, as it looked like it had better coverage/distribution, but for the same # of LEDs (12), the data was not as good as the pad for penetration.

The beam angle of both was a bit narrow (60°) but I worked out the placement & angles in Visio—should be fine.

Some factors that went into my decision:
  • Better PPFD data
  • 50K hr. life (compared to 10K hrs. for T5HO)
  • 5 Yr. Warranty (compared to none I could find)
I couldn't find any expected life or warranty info. on the Jungle Dawn, and they don't make a 48" version. It also seemed overpriced compared to any of Sansi's lights. JD has a better beam angle (120°) but I worked that out.

Any of the T5HO bulbs only had a 10K expected life, so I had to figure on replacing them 4X compared to the life of the LEDs. That adds up.

I also couldn't find any warranty info on the T5HO bulbs or fixtures.
It sure did help me out, ordered the pad version today, seems to be a good deal. Thanks for the info!!!

Sansi lights just arrived, and... DAMN! Forgot to turn my head away when I plugged the first one in to make sure they worked. The switch was on, and I'm still seeing blue. :cool:

I think these will do fine. ?

Last edited:
Sansi lights just arrived, and... DAMN! Forgot to turn my head away when I plugged the first one in to make sure they worked. The switch was on, and I'm still seeing blue. :cool:

I think these will do fine. ?

I will say the power cord isn’t very long at all. It won’t reach my plug from the top of my cage. May need two of them to light the entire cage sufficiently as well. Will see how adjusting it’s goes. It’s pretty compact, so shouldn’t be a problem at least.

I will say the power cord isn’t very long at all. It won’t reach my plug from the top of my cage. May need two of them to light the entire cage sufficiently as well. Will see how adjusting it’s goes. It’s pretty compact, so shouldn’t be a problem at least.
Right. I plugged the two into a cube outlet, and that into an extension down to the timer & surge protector. Still have to come up with support so they don't ruin the screen top. Right now they're resting on 2 1x2s. Awaiting the 4' UVB anyway. Lights are out tonight; I'll get a pic tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind seeing yours too, if you don't mind. OK if you do.

Back
Top Bottom