LED 14k reef light. usable?

stephen

Hey y'all. I was checking out lyr new wicked 40w grow led for my plants. Definitely gonna get one when I build the forever cage. My question is- I have a brand new 32w led made to grow coral. It's 14k, which is quite blue. It has a few whites, a red , green , and a bunch of blue diodes. It will b used as supplementation to a uvb and basking light. Wondering if the blue would harm my cham. Maybe I should put some electrical tape on a few blue diodes. It also has a few uv diodes. Thoughts. Cheers

That color spectrum is beneficial for aquariums. Neither your plants or chameleon will benefit. Nor will it provide any UVB.

You color temp should be within 5000-6500k. You should also have a UVB lamp and a basking lamp

Hope this answered your question

home depot 15w 5000k

I realize I would need a basking and uvb. Was checking out the 15w 5000k at home depot. Might b suitable for my juvie setup.

I realize I would need a basking and uvb. Was checking out the 15w 5000k at home depot. Might b suitable for my juvie setup.

Dude that led should be fine. Aquarium plants utilize the same sun rays as normal plants. I use a old T5 fixture for my Pygmy chameleon vivarium. And it works GREAT. Leds will have a minimal impact unless placed relatively close to the plants.

Back
Top Bottom