leaving the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chameleonfan1

i totally agree with just about everyone who wants to leave, my questions seem to be ignored until the problem has already passed, whenever i pretty much post everything in my description im still asked just fill out this form, and then everytime i get a different answer on what to change. Its ridiculous my cham died 2 weeks ago and my only response was to take it to a vet, which i clearly posted i cant afford a vet. im definitely not going here for any more problems. So when im told my set up is wrong, i got the info from this website for petes sake how can i be wrong if i got my info from the same page they sent me to check. I know i thanked everyone on this website but i take it all back this place is kind of a waste of time they make u type something 4 times until they finally realize what your even talking about and by then the problem has already passed....... Just my thoughts on this website.

Well as your chameleon as you thought had mbd there is nothing we can do to help than to tell you to take it to the vet and therefore you did not he passed.

Everyone here volunteers to help out, nobody is obligated to do anything.. So go rant about this somewhere else cause I can assure you that nowhere else will you find better suited people to help out without any interest other than the best for your chameleon.

i guess your right sorry about ranting and there probably is no where else but i just wanted my questions to be answered thouroughly and the answer not to differenciate between everyone... Everyone i guess does help im just still sad about my chams death though... :(

Im not sure I understand, you are leaving the forums because the people here thought you should take your Cham to a vet(which it is now obvious it needed) but you are mad at the forum people because it died?? Because you can't afford a vet bill?
No one has any business owning a pet or having a child if you can't afford to take care of it when they become ill.
I am sorry for your loss, but you should be mad at yourself for indulging in a whim rather than waiting to raise something you can't afford. I hope now you realize you should wait to own another pet or having a child until you can afford it.

Last edited:
Get on facebook if attention is what you are looking for. Instead of wasting time starting dumb threads like this, spend the effort in searching things to better the care for your chameleon. Many people rarely post, but find more than enough information on their chameleons and learn how to take care of them-properly.

I know it hurts to lose a chameleon, but take the positives and learn from your mistakes. Don't bash the people who care about the health of your chameleons and volunteer their time on here to help out people like you. We all love chameleons and will always gladly help out everyone who asks for it.

At the stage he was at i dont think a vet could have helped anyway, and im not mad at the people in the forums i guess i just didnt like how i got the same advice to post this sheet on how to help when i had already posted... and i do believe i am just as well suited to take care of a reptile as you are, i tried my very best to save him in his dying moments, its very hard to tell if theres something wrong with a cham until its too late anyway please dont take this as an offense but maybe just take it into consideration... sorry for the mixup:)

Sorry for your loss... But this is a great forum with helpful people and loads of info and personal account to help us all on being better owners. Through tHe good and the bad there is always something to be taken and learned from. Maybe a second thought about it all should be taken. Good luck either way

For all those who think im just bashing chameleonforums please take into account my other thread "THank you chameleonforums" and can someone please answer something about my golden gecko malachi?

In this thread...https://www.chameleonforums.com/different-food-53091/
Jann said..."Welcome to the forums. Yes your guys need a variety of feeders and they also need to be gut loaded. He also need three different supplements and should have plain calcium 5 times a week at that age."

In this thread (Jan 26), https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-help-53226/
just a few weeks after you got your chameleon Sandrachameleon gave you links to information about gutloading, supplements and feeders. In post #5, Carol said..."Is your white light a UVB?. You have to know what kind of light this is! Extremely important!!!! I also would get rid of the red bulbs and get a regular housebulb for basking. 40-60 watt to achieve a basking area of around 80- 82 degrees or so. Why is your night time temp so high? If you are leaving the light on all night, then you need to turn it off to cool the cage down. You need to be dusting with a calcium with no d3 at ever feeding, the cal with d3 twice a month and also a multivitmin twice a month also."

In this thread started on Aug. 29th, https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-help-immediately-chameleon-life-may-stake-66093/index3.html
You filled out the "how to ask for help" questions and don't indicate what you are dusting with or what UVB light you are using...did you make any of the changes that were suggested to you in those January threads? If you did, what did you change? If you didn't who's fault is it that your chameleon fell into bad health?? Who's fault is it that we couldn't help you at this point and had to tell you to take the chameleon to the vet?

I hope you will take this as a step in learning...and before you buy another reptile, realize that you need to have enough money behind you that you can take it to a vet and that if you don't care for it properly that it could fall into bad health.

Get on facebook if attention is what you are looking for. Instead of wasting time starting dumb threads like this, spend the effort in searching things to better the care for your chameleon. Many people rarely post, but find more than enough information on their chameleons and learn how to take care of them-properly.

I know it hurts to lose a chameleon, but take the positives and learn from your mistakes. Don't bash the people who care about the health of your chameleons and volunteer their time on here to help out people like you. We all love chameleons and will always gladly help out everyone who asks for it.

Amen VeiledChams :D

In this thread...https://www.chameleonforums.com/different-food-53091/
Jann said..."Welcome to the forums. Yes your guys need a variety of feeders and they also need to be gut loaded. He also need three different supplements and should have plain calcium 5 times a week at that age."

In this thread (Jan 26), https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-help-53226/
just a few weeks after you got your chameleon Sandrachameleon gave you links to information about gutloading, supplements and feeders. In post #5, Carol said..."Is your white light a UVB?. You have to know what kind of light this is! Extremely important!!!! I also would get rid of the red bulbs and get a regular housebulb for basking. 40-60 watt to achieve a basking area of around 80- 82 degrees or so. Why is your night time temp so high? If you are leaving the light on all night, then you need to turn it off to cool the cage down. You need to be dusting with a calcium with no d3 at ever feeding, the cal with d3 twice a month and also a multivitmin twice a month also."

In this thread started on Aug. 29th, https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-help-immediately-chameleon-life-may-stake-66093/index3.html
You filled out the "how to ask for help" questions and don't indicate what you are dusting with or what UVB light you are using...did you make any of the changes that were suggested to you in those January threads? If you did, what did you change? If you didn't who's fault is it that your chameleon fell into bad health?? Who's fault is it that we couldn't help you at this point and had to tell you to take the chameleon to the vet?

I hope you will take this as a step in learning...and before you buy another reptile, realize that you need to have enough money behind you that you can take it to a vet and that if you don't care for it properly that it could fall into bad health.

Double Amen kinyonga :D

i totally agree with just about everyone who wants to leave, my questions seem to be ignored until the problem has already passed, whenever i pretty much post everything in my description im still asked just fill out this form, and then everytime i get a different answer on what to change. Its ridiculous my cham died 2 weeks ago and my only response was to take it to a vet, which i clearly posted i cant afford a vet. im definitely not going here for any more problems. So when im told my set up is wrong, i got the info from this website for petes sake how can i be wrong if i got my info from the same page they sent me to check. I know i thanked everyone on this website but i take it all back this place is kind of a waste of time they make u type something 4 times until they finally realize what your even talking about and by then the problem has already passed....... Just my thoughts on this website.

Before you got anything, you should have researched all about your pet. Then you should have realized this pets don't drink from a bowl, eat bagged food, feeders must be gutloaded and use vit supplementation and if need be to taking to a especialized vet it will cost you money. Can't blame or be dissapointed to people here trying to give you advise, and maybe even wrong advise. The common denominator at fault is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom