leaving eggs in the sand?

CaptainMorgantown

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to leave eggs that a cham has laid in the sand or whatever they laid them in or if you had to get them out? I'm sorry if this is an obvious question.

There is a very good chance they will mold over in sand. The eggs can't really absorb the water right from sand and it will kill them in most cases.

Use vermiculite or an organic seed starting mix that is partial dirt/partial vermiculite.

So, just out of curiosity, (I've never even seen vermiculite, so I'm unfamiliar with the texture) but why not use that as the digging bin substance then? Too loose, Wont form a tunnel? Too expensive?

So, just out of curiosity, (I've never even seen vermiculite, so I'm unfamiliar with the texture) but why not use that as the digging bin substance then? Too loose, Wont form a tunnel? Too expensive?

Chameleons won't lay in it. It is meant to retain water not hold a tunnel as stated.

Use sand or soil with enough water so that you can close your fist and it doesn't collapse in your hand once you open your hand.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom