Leaving Cham a week with mister

foxngn

Hi All,

Is it possible to leave my veiled cham a week? My place do not have such thing as a pet sitter for reptile.
Previously I did it with 3 days with multiple feeding station and with the mister ON for all the times.
Within the 3 days all feeding station did empty up, except for like 2 - 3 dubia died.
I set 3 feeder cups around it's cages.

I wonder do i able to do it for a week or not with the same setup for a week, maybe add another 1 or 2 more feeder cup.

Thanks

as long as your misting tank is big enough i dont see an issue. For food you could just freerange some crickets a week without food will not be the end of the world. Hydration is the biggest concern.

You have a veiled.

Leave out fruit and veggies on chip clips, they will last days.

You can also leave out huge feeder boxes. I have left out "tubs" with most of the top blocked off with paper so its a waiting game for a feeders.

But honestly i only feed my crew on the weekends, so they go 5-6 days without food for their entire lives, and just have the misters going.

You have a veiled.

You can also leave out huge feeder boxes. I have left out "tubs" with most of the top blocked off with paper so its a waiting game for a feeders.

But honestly i only feed my crew on the weekends, so they go 5-6 days without food for their entire lives, and just have the misters going.
Could you put up a photo of how you installed the chip clip? Thank you

I would get a friend or neighbor to come check on him. To many things can happen to them. Where do you live? Another keeper here might watch him for you.

as long as your misting tank is big enough i dont see an issue. For food you could just freerange some crickets a week without food will not be the end of the world. Hydration is the biggest concern.

yeah, got a bit of concern with crickets though, as i heard they could bite the cham when it sleep.

But what if the fruits or veggies rotten during the period of time, do they possess any severe disadvantages? I do have pothos inside where his been munching them from time to time, if all else failed.

I would get a friend or neighbor to come check on him. To many things can happen to them. Where do you live? Another keeper here might watch him for you.

Actually I do have a friend who's about 35 minutes away which could help to care for, but just asking for alternative in case my friend meet up with some inconveniency when the times comes.

yeah, got a bit of concern with crickets though, as i heard they could bite the cham when it sleep.

But what if the fruits or veggies rotten during the period of time, do they possess any severe disadvantages? I do have pothos inside where his been munching them from time to time, if all else failed.

Actually I do have a friend who's about 35 minutes away which could help to care for, but just asking for alternative in case my friend meet up with some inconveniency when the times comes.

I never had a problem of rotting fruit, but i just clip leaves/salad, not whole strawberries or something. Worst i did was a bunch of grapes, but hey they sit on the counter for weeks just fine for the humans.

Back
Top Bottom