Least exspensive supplies in hawai'i for baby 8 jackson chameleons?

Jenschameleons

I have 8 newborn Jackson chameleons, I need help ISO cheap but effective care and health to these 8 chameleons, any suggestions ? greatly appreciate it. This is their current living state. It is not the best and that is what we have working with now. I am on a really tight budget and would love to get less expensive but effective proper essentials. If you are going to be rude due to my last discussion please keep it to yourself. I apologize to everyone on my behalf and took down my fundraiser. It was a learning mistake and I learned my lesson. I would to get help to see these little guys thrive and strive. I live in Hawaii and do not access to much materials that you may have, such as dollar store items or dollar general. Please keep that in mind. I had 8 baby chameleons from a female chameleon that I was given to as a gift. I did not have much knowledge in these babies, I have done my research on chameleon academy and was very helpful, but not enough in my situation. I would love to receive positive feedback and suggestions to living alternatives and conditions for these little ones to thrive.

Attachments

• IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 88
Sorry! But you better check out the laws in Hawaii.. I know them and there is a reason the pet-shops don't have the items.
Enjoy! No worries, I will not add to this post- seems like a safe haven. Good luck!

Sorry! But you better check out the laws in Hawaii.. I know them and there is a reason the pet-shops don't have the items.
Enjoy! No worries, I will not add to this post- seems like a safe haven. Good luck!
Please elaborate, I dont know what the problem is here ?

Maybe they aren’t allowed to sell Cham supplies because they don’t want to encourage people there to have chameleons since people like to let them go in the wild when they can no longer care for them? I’m not sure if this is true or not but seems like maybe what Redhorse is eluding to.

I mis-stated-- I know some of them and looking them up again, since things change over time. But here to help.
I have spoken to Mr. Atwood at the Chamber of Council and he explained things to me many years ago.. But back then people were not suppose to have them as pets because it is the pet trade that created the invasive issue. Small pet-shop in Kailua (Kailua pets). I was there in 1984 and spoke to the owner and how it happened.. I have been blessed. In mid 1970's he purchased 5 pair and was cleaning their cages, not knowing anything about chameleons he was only able to find 1 pair. The rest i don't know.. I think the pet shop is still there as I did go back in 2005 but owner was different.
I will get back with updated info..
Food should be your priority since they can always be housed outside in the cage you have. JMO

It seems some of the laws have changed and they do allow you to have a pet but no taking off island anymore..
What is the local reptile / pet-store you would be going to? Don't answer that is where you need to search for a food supply.

Sorry and thanks

For the first month you can use the Rubbermaid or other brand tub with plants and sticks. If you want to house them in individual cages you can make something like this. The top and front are aluminum screen and there are plant saucers glued to the bottom to hold the plants. They were cheap but time consuming to make. They sit under a UVB and plant light.

Attachments

• IMG_1799 (1).JPG
    IMG_1799 (1).JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1817 (1).JPG
    IMG_1817 (1).JPG
    299 KB · Views: 95
For the first month you can use the Rubbermaid or other brand tub with plants and sticks. If you want to house them in individual cages you can make something like this. The top and front are aluminum screen and there are plant saucers glued to the bottom to hold the plants. They were cheap but time consuming to make. They sit under a UVB and plant light.
Those look awesome !

I bet if you get like 8 money trees or a sort of tree you could free range them by adding plexiglass and bedding it to the shape of the pot so they can’t climb out. Then you could get like 2 long uvb and hang above all of them. Then just heat lamps for each.

Back
Top Bottom