Leaf cham << HELP needed

That looks great IMO. Did you make sure to check the plants you are using for toxicity? The chameleons won't eat the plants, but the feeders nibble on them.

Heika

Also, (I'm sure you know this) repot the suckers without perlite in the soil. I think the number of plants is great! The brevs will love it...and you'll have so much fun trying to find them every day!:D

I didn't check plants on toxic list, but this is what I see in other setups, but I'll check for sure.
Thanks. Ill move to the messy part (charcoal) today

I’ve used all those plants at one time or another. The one in the middle with the leaves that has the yellow/white centers to them do real well. Not a big fan of the planted bromeliad type plants but they are fine. It looks like that ficus is in a terracotta planter. I would switch that out to a plastic pot. The terracotta can absorb fertilizer and pesticides which can leech back into the soil. Also cover up the soil on those plants with little river stones to deter females from laying eggs in the pots. I’m sure the soil has some reminants of fert/pesticide and you don’t want eggs exposed to that.

-roo

Latest and greatest

Attachments

• IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 170
I bought my local stores completely out of hydroton once, so I bought some clay pots, put them into a bucket, and smashed then into itty bitty pieces. I used that for a bottom layer in a tank and it worked wonderfully.

Some sticks were added in after this but thats basically it.
The plants grew in and took hold, and babies were layed, incubated and hatched within the tank.
dsc0387small8ji.jpg

dsc0392small8qq.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'm ready to get few leaf chams. Any one seen some for sale, or can recommend good site to get one from?
thanks

I don't know that he has any right now, but I got my brevs from Mike at FLChams and they have done very well. He has some other interesting pygmy leaf chams, too.

Scooter,

We have WC's right now, but earlier in the thread Heika told you that she had plenty of Captive Bred Babies and she lives right there in Oregon. Just PM her through this site. Either her or Tom aka Roo usually has them.

heika is not selling right now, he just can't let go little cuties :0
Thanks roo, ill do that.

I don't really want WC, but thanks FL Chams

it will be very hard for you to breed them there are few cases of domestic bred brookesiinae,brookesina and rampholeon alike these are hard enough
to keep alive in captivity much less beed them therefore the chams your looking at are most likely imported and they will arive stressed and dehydrated
the jakson or veiled are much more adaptable to climate change and will
reproduce prolificaly

it will be very hard for you to breed them there are few cases of domestic bred brookesiinae,brookesina and rampholeon alike these are hard enough
to keep alive in captivity much less beed them therefore the chams your looking at are most likely imported and they will arive stressed and dehydrated
reproduce prolificaly

There are many people who have successfully bred leaf chameleons, and with proper husbandry, they do quite well.

reproduce prolificaly

Sounds like a post from several years back - when there was little info on rhamps and brooks. Just so there is no confusion, I sell healthy, unrelated, captive bred pygmies and when their needs are met and are happy then they breed like crazy. I have hatched them well into the hundreds, a conservative guesstimate would be 300+.

-roo

reproduce prolificaly

Is this really your own experience with them? Breding R.Brevs is as easy as figuring out what their sexes are, and putting a male and female together for a month.

Back
Top Bottom