Laying eggs!

LukeTheLizard

Avid Member
So I watched a bunch of videos about lay bins and egg laying, so I set up a bin with moist sand and she is digging/laying!
F378DDA8-3080-4EF9-8B33-958D829B7B00.jpeg

Wow she is pretty cute in that sand pit ?? did she continue on after she saw you? They're usually pretty skittish and will stop digging or laying if they're being watched, from what I've read.

Yeah I know about them being skittish and stuff, but I made sure to just take a quick pic and be out of there, so I checked in 10 minutes later and she was still doing her thing!??

Are you breeding her or are they infertile eggs? If you’re not breeding her, you will most likely want to try to reduce her egg laying frequency and clutch size. It takes a great deal out of them and shortens their lives.

I wish they were fertile! I love little baby chams!
But they are infertile, and I have done research about changing their egg laying frequency based on heat temperature, the amount of food I give her, etc. Do you have any extra advice? I am totally open to any help from anyone!

I’m still learning as I go pretty much. I give my girls 3 feeders 3 days a week, plus the occasional small treats like bsfl flies. Temps don’t exceed 80*. I’m not sure, but I think I may have succeeded in reducing laying. Both laid in feb/March and were receptive again around April/May. Neither of them has laid again and both are looking like they may be having a weak receptive period now.

Thanks for the advice! Based on your posts you sound like you are very knowledgeable about chameleons, no need to be modest!? can I see a picture of your girls?

Since she already laid her eggs should I just let her crawl up a vine and take away the lay bin to preserve her energy? Or should I just wait until she wants to be done? What do you think @MissSkittles?

Back
Top Bottom