Laying Eggs...

lbpanther

We have been worried about our lady Peppa. She got very poorly and we have had to give her medication and force feed her. She is fit and healthy again now. Recently she went for a ultra sound scan to see if she was egg bound but she wasn’t. She has had a tub of soil in her viv since we had her but hasn’t been interested with laying. So we put a layer of sand on top and she has started digging already but has stopped and gone back up to her basking area is this normal??? I’m wondering wether it’s because she reached the soul under the sand and it’s put her off suggestions please

Attachments

• 711B999A-6010-49B8-B240-3E800ACF3FFE.jpeg
    711B999A-6010-49B8-B240-3E800ACF3FFE.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 85
We have been worried about our lady Peppa. She got very poorly and we have had to give her medication and force feed her. She is fit and healthy again now. Recently she went for a ultra sound scan to see if she was egg bound but she wasn’t. She has had a tub of soil in her viv since we had her but hasn’t been interested with laying. So we put a layer of sand on top and she has started digging already but has stopped and gone back up to her basking area is this normal??? I’m wondering wether it’s because she reached the soul under the sand and it’s put her off suggestions please
She’s started again now must of been gaining some more energy

Where do you live, is it day or night there? If she is sleeping during the day that is a red flag and should be brought to the vet immediately.

It is not unusual for a Cham to dig multiple test holes before committing to one, it’s also normal for them to start and stop randomly. My female insists on digging out every potted plant, stones and all, before she goes to her bin.

If she did not show interest in the bin until you put sand in it, the plain soil could be turning her off but I doubt it. Give her another day to see if she commits.

This next part is mandatory, not optional. You MUST cover her viv and give her TOTAL privacy over the next few days. Cover her viv with a sheet so she can not see you. If you disturb her she will abandon the hole. Only open her viv to offer food and water when she is NOT digging, if she is digging, no food or water should be offered.

Red flags during this time are sleeping during the day, lethargic, shaking, weak. If she isn’t showing any of these symptoms leave her alone, if she starts don’t waste time on this forum asking for advice, go straight to the vet!

Good luck, keep us posted with pics!

Back
Top Bottom