Laying eggs ( Help!)

Kaylee1

So my veiled is about 9-10 months old and I believe she has just laid her eggs. I saw her digging in the laying bin earlier and I left her be and made sure she didn't spot me. I read that after laying eggs the female should be very skinny. I just need help determining if this looks like she did in fact lay her eggs or not. If she seems like she lost all the weight. She was very chubby prior. Just seemed fast to have had laid eggs. If so, what should I do next to help her eating and drinking wise? What do you guys usually do? This is all new to me and I'm trying to make sure my Rosee is okay! Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_234704376.jpg
    IMG_20170412_234704376.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20170412_234710062.jpg
    IMG_20170412_234710062.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 108
Will the eggs be infertile or was she mated?
Did she fill in the hole and return to the branches?
You have to dig the eggs up and incubate them if they are fertile of course. I always recommend digging up eggs when they are infertile too knowing the number gives you an idea of whether you fed her too much or not.
Whether the eggs are fertile or not you will want to feed and water her well for a couple of days.
If the eggs are infertile and she wasn't mated then depending on the number of eggs she laid you may need/want to adjust her diet to do too her egg production.

Will the eggs be infertile or was she mated?
Did she fill in the hole and return to the branches?
You have to dig the eggs up and incubate them if they are fertile of course. I always recommend digging up eggs when they are infertile too knowing the number gives you an idea of whether you fed her too much or not.
Whether the eggs are fertile or not you will want to feed and water her well for a couple of days.
If the eggs are infertile and she wasn't mated then depending on the number of eggs she laid you may need/want to adjust her diet to do too her egg production.

They will be infertile! She did I returned after I got home from work and the bin looked completely back normal as if nothing happened. Okay sounds good, I was wanting to dig up the eggs just to be sure but I didn't want to deprive her from not having a bin for a little while if by any chance she didn't have them. It's weird because like the pictures I posted she was very skinny but sitting on the branch a little while afterwards she still had a little chubb. Maybe it was just the way she was positioned?

They will be infertile! She did I returned after I got home from work and the bin looked completely back normal as if nothing happened. Okay sounds good, I was wanting to dig up the eggs just to be sure but I didn't want to deprive her from not having a bin for a little while if by any chance she didn't have them. It's weird because like the pictures I posted she was very skinny but sitting on the branch a little while afterwards she still had a little chubb. Maybe it was just the way she was positioned?

So I decided to do some digging and I found some little eggs! There's quite a few!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170413_084340301.jpg
    IMG_20170413_084340301.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 66
Hopefully she laid them all. Keep an eye on her for any signs of decline in the next week or two.
That was a big clutch. You might want to slow her down. Feed her and water her well for a couple of days and then cut back on her food so she's not starved but not overfed if you want her to produce fewer eggs. I lower the basking temperature to the low 80's F too somshes less hungry. It may take a while to slow her down enough.

Back
Top Bottom