Laying eggs/gravid?

Oh ok! So are those colors for maturity?
She is maturing... But her receptive colors and gravid colors will be very different. They can vary female to female but are very similar. Which is why I asked them to post pics for you. This way you will know what to look for.

She is maturing... But her receptive colors and gravid colors will be very different. They can vary female to female but are very similar. Which is why I asked them to post pics for you. This way you will know what to look for.
Okay! Thank you so much for tagging them. I have been curious. ???

Sorry took me awhile to find a receptive photo, she no like me going near her cage so this is the best I have

Receptive

C1C90239-36B9-4C64-A399-EE638626A59A.jpeg

Gravid

6AD3A102-37AF-4DDF-AEBE-B29B932FF18A.jpeg

ps don’t mind her missing back spines she suffered thermal burns from old home.Shes my Craigslist rescue

Thank you so much everyone for the pictures! Although, can someone please explain what receptive means?

Receptive is the phase where the chameleon becomes open to a mate. She gets her pretty colors on, starts becoming restless, and is looking for a male to fertilizeher eggs. Gravid means she is about ready to lay her eggs.

Receptive is the phase where the chameleon becomes open to a mate. She gets her pretty colors on, starts becoming restless, and is looking for a male to fertilizeher eggs. Gravid means she is about ready to lay her eggs.
Okay, thank you so much! ????

Does a female chameleon have to be receptive to lay infertile eggs? In that case will my chameleon turn these colors before she lays her first clutch of infertile eggs?

Back
Top Bottom