Laying bin

Kktoledo

I found out on here that my veiled chameleon is a female, so I was wondering on how to get her laying bin started. What should I be getting for her?

I’m sorry I’m dumb lol I forgot to link clearly I’m having mommy brain these days

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/
Sorry, I had a busy day today but I just finished reading the link you sent. So would it be better to get a laying bin and put her there and give her privacy? Instead of having one in her enclosure, I think my enclosure is too small to get her a comfortable laying bin for her but if I could put her in a separate area I feel like it would better for her too. I think a 12x12x12 would fit.

@JoXie411 actually after looking at how other people have it i can do it with the enclosure and it will be fine. If i do it like i would have to stop free-range feeding her right?

You can feed her free range the food as long as once she starts digging you don't leave any insects in the cage to chew on her or the eggs she's laying.

Don't let her see you watching her when she's digging...it can make her abandon the hole. She Amy dig several test holes before digging the "real" one.

You can feed her free range the food as long as once she starts digging you don't leave any insects in the cage to chew on her or the eggs she's laying.

Don't let her see you watching her when she's digging...it can make her abandon the hole. She Amy dig several test holes before digging the "real" one.
thanks, so from what i have been reading is to make sure that i feed her the same until she starts laying right then stop feeding her? one thing i have been confused is what color she will start to turn when she is pregnant? i saw the word gravid colors but i dont know how that would look on my veiled.

thanks, so from what i have been reading is to make sure that i feed her the same until she starts laying right then stop feeding her? one thing i have been confused is what color she will start to turn when she is pregnant? i saw the word gravid colors but i dont know how that would look on my veiled.
Some don’t show different colors, Coda is receptive and transitioning into gravid.
D5A1EC0E-1F4A-45B9-B62A-6470305D6D61.jpeg

As The Wild One said, each lady cham’s gravid look is different. Being new to chams and one of my girls only laid once so far, I’m going by them being receptive which is much easier for me to determine. Currently I have one receptive and one should be laying soon. When receptive they show all of their colors and patterns and roam their enclosures restlessly. This usually goes on for a week or two. After, I make sure lay bins are moist enough to hold form and start watching their behaviors. Usually a few weeks later is when laying will occur. Keep feeding by your usual schedule until your cham is in her bin. The day of or before, she won’t have much interest in eating. That’s when I cover half her enclosure and anxiously wait.

Back
Top Bottom