Lay questions

Lexlynn

Established Member
my female veiled finally laid eggs she’s been giving me anxiety lol but I found her two days ago head first digging so I put a sheet up and let her be. today I decided to take the eggs out and clean her laybin. She had 31, is this too many ? She is eating fine as always, i’m going to have the mister on a bit more. how often do they lay? she is 1 and 1 month I thought they laid earlier . any tips or advise on what to do after laying would be great ❤️

Hi so how much are you feeding, how often and what are your basking temps. Also have you ever filled out a husbandry form.
I’m not so sure I have. every 2 days 10-15 dubias depending the size, occasional hornworms usually once a month or every 3 weeks depending. Basking at 80F.

I’m not so sure I have. every 2 days 10-15 dubias depending the size, occasional hornworms usually once a month or every 3 weeks depending. Basking at 80F.
and superworms or crickets for variation but our main staple is dubias

Right now after laying you need to feed her well and make sure she’s hydrated so she can recover. After several days cut her feedings back to 3-4 medium feeders 2-3 days a week and that’s all because feeding her as much as you have been will cause her to lay larger clutches. You got lucky this clutch was small but it was her first clutch. You’re doing good with her basking temp at 80.

So yeah too many for a first clutch and it shows that there will be more next time if the first one was 31...
Your feeding WAY too much... They really should only be fed 3 days a week with 3 feeders no larger then a medium size. This with a temp of about 78 is ideal 80 would be the max end.

The only time you feed her well is right after she lays and then you would give more like 5 feeders for a few days. Then right back to the strict amount.

So yeah too many for a first clutch and it shows that there will be more next time if the first one was 31...
Your feeding WAY too much... They really should only be fed 3 days a week with 3 feeders no larger then a medium size. This with a temp of about 78 is ideal 80 would be the max end.

The only time you feed her well is right after she lays and then you would give more like 5 feeders for a few days. Then right back to the strict amount.
Okay so we mainly use Dubias, not big at all maybe a bit smaller than a quarter - I would only give her 3 every 3 days? Im always scared im under feeding her she always sits at her food dish lol

Okay so we mainly use Dubias, not big at all maybe a bit smaller than a quarter - I would only give her 3 every 3 days? Im always scared im under feeding her she always sits at her food dish lol
I totally lied they are much smaller - we usually get them 1/4 an inch I believe, so id say the size of a dime.

I totally lied they are much smaller - we usually get them 1/4 an inch I believe, so id say the size of a dime.
So the 1/4 I buy are really tiny and that would be more like 5-6 each feeding... If they are the size of a dime then I would say 3-4 max is perfectly fine 3 days a week.

So the 1/4 I buy are really tiny and that would be more like 5-6 each feeding... If they are the size of a dime then I would say 3-4 max is perfectly fine 3 days a week.
okay i’ll start implementing that right away, thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom