Late night fall help!!!

KnK

So it’s currently 10:46pm, I was hooking up my guys humidifier and I was being quit. Well next you no he fell off the branch. So he freaks out runs up the cage pretty much hanging and falls again. By this time he has fell 4 times!!!!! What are on earth do I do!!! Did I do something wrong ? Should I have left him alone and done it during the day???

He probably went into flight mode. Natural instinct if startled.
He should calm down but definitely do work during the day and let the fella sleep. JMHO

Yes he was asleep 😩 I was being quit as can be but clearly not enough. Today he hasn’t fell so I’m sure that’s exactly what it was I scared him it was dark and I’m sure he was half asleep not processing what just happen🤦🏽‍♀️

It’s not really noise that he’d be reacting to, but vibration. I hope he’s ok.
I’m guessing he is ok, since Saturday he has not stop roaming around the enclosure. Since the fall last night today he is just roaming like he has been since Saturday. Not understanding why, he literally walks the bottom of the enclosure then goes back up then since at the basking area like in the corner body literally against the screen for awhile then he goes back to roaming around again. Idk what’s going on.

What size is your enclosure? Can you post some pics of it?
I have a veiled. He marches his enclosure, top to bottom to top, for 3 hours everyday. It's like clockwork. His schedule is wake up, bask for 2.5 hours, March the enclosure for 3 hours. Sit under the Money Tree for a few hours. Takes a trip to the feeder. Then back and forth between the Money Tree and basking until bedtime.

Males will patrol their enclosures, which is one of the reasons why it’s important to give them at least the minimum 2x2x4’ enclosure. If you give him double that size, he will use all of the space in his patrols. I asked to see your enclosure to make sure it has plenty of little pathways for him to travel and plant cover for him to feel safe. Chameleons that are unhappy in their enclosures will also be restless and many will be thought of as friendly because they are willingly coming out to their keepers.

…and I just saw the pics of your enclosure in your other thread. :rolleyes: Doh! It looks great. So my guess is he’s patrolling - looking for snacks, girls and to keep competitors out of his territory.

Back
Top Bottom