large panthers?

corona

hi, evry one. just thought i would post a question thats been on my mind.
Is their a larger panther local. i used to have a big nosy be. the panther i have now. is half the size of my nosybe, he is a pink panther{Ankaramy}.
So is their one locality that is larger than the other?:cool:

I have a Sambava and I have read that they are one of the larger panthers. My Sambava is 15 months old and weighs about 238 grams.

i guess thats big? my female bearded dragon weighed that much when she was almost a year. i guess i should try to weigh my ankaramy again. man he is slow in those branches, but u get him on the scale and he can move.

Sid's a big boy. I'll have to weigh and measure him in the next day or two.

lizcams112510036.jpg

Two out of three of my sambavas are what I would almost consider dwarfs (as well as my sambava cross.) :) Most are very large though.

I personally think that the further down the line they are Captive bred the smaller they get to a certain extent. I just got a pair of WC Masoala and the male is by far the biggest Panther chameleon i have ever seen!!! My friend also got 1 from the same importer and he is just as big. Ive been told before that WC are generally much larger than CB. Ill weigh and measure my Masoala tomorrow to give you an idea of his size.

My Sambava Frank is 2 years old, and weighs 300g. My ankaramy Tim is 5-6 months old, he is really, really tiny!

Sid's a big boy. I'll have to weigh and measure him in the next day or two.

lizcams112510036.jpg
Man, he's beautiful!!!!!:)
I have a Veiled and he only weighs around 110 grams, which is a lot more than when I got him (already an adult) in January. He was ill when I got him, and was only 78 grams at that time:eek:! I wonder what the heavier Veilds weight? Anyone know?:rolleyes:

I wonder why some people buy 'wild caught' chameleons? I don't mean to start any arguments, but seems unnecessary since there's an abundance of breeders to purchase from? Just wondering...

Man, he's beautiful!!!!!:)
I have a Veiled and he only weighs around 110 grams, which is a lot more than when I got him (already an adult) in January. He was ill when I got him, and was only 78 grams at that time:eek:! I wonder what the heavier Veilds weight? Anyone know?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliment on Sid. My adult veiled Luie weighs 224 grams but he's on a diet. My vet likes for me to keep him at 220 or less so no more silkworms for him for awhile. Silkworms always bulk up my guys. I do have a friend that had a veiled over 300 grams.

i need to check on my panther i dont know how much grams he is but i know hes 15 all most 16 in long and still growing

Thanks for the compliment on Sid. My adult veiled Luie weighs 224 grams but he's on a diet. My vet likes for me to keep him at 220 or less so no more silkworms for him for awhile. Silkworms always bulk up my guys. I do have a friend that had a veiled over 300 grams.

Oh my gosh! I had no idea they could get that big! :eek: That really blows me away. :) I don't how old my male is, just know he's an adult. So... would around 200 grams be about average or normal for a male, or does it vary wildly from male to male?? I wasn't given an idea of what to expect as far as "normal weight" for my Veiled when I took him to the vet. I forgot to ask the vet about a recommended target/goal weight. I was thinking he was at his normal weight now, until talking to you...
What do you think about my veiled and if he'll get much bigger? I don't care what size he ends up as long as he is healthy.

Back
Top Bottom