Large Fake Ficus

lrg83caleb

Is there any reason to be concerned about placing my Male Panther in a large fake ficus? I let him out of his cage to get some exercise in a much smaller live ficus for a few hours a week next to a window that gets afternoon sun and he loves it! This plant will give him much more room. My concern is that there may be chemicals used in making the plant that could harm him.

Is there any reason to be concerned about placing my Male Panther in a large fake ficus? I let him out of his cage to get some exercise in a much smaller live ficus for a few hours a week next to a window that gets afternoon sun and he loves it! This plant will give him much more room. My concern is that there may be chemicals used in making the plant that could harm him.

Most artificial plants are safe, however some use dyes, and dyes may run. You can wash the plant with a mild soap solution and see if the dyes bleed, its unlikely, but does happen. I own a 48k sqft furniture store here in Southern California, and we sell accent pieces, including artificial plants and trees. I had taken a tree home to use in the living room for free ranging. I washed it and found the leaves bleeding green dye. I decided against using it. Wash it and find out.;)

-Jay

Good advice, some plants do tend to have icky dyes, and that's all the advice I can give about chemicals, unless there is a nasty smell to it, should be fine... unless..

If you have a veiled, I'd suggest against fake plants totally, because some veileds are strong enough to rip the leaves off of fake plants.

If you can pull off a leaf without using much force, don't use it.

If you can pull off a leaf with using a bit of force, be weary.

Good advice, some plants do tend to have icky dyes, and that's all the advice I can give about chemicals, unless there is a nasty smell to it, should be fine... unless..

If you have a veiled, I'd suggest against fake plants totally, because some veileds are strong enough to rip the leaves off of fake plants.

If you can pull off a leaf without using much force, don't use it.

If you can pull off a leaf with using a bit of force, be weary.

great advice guys, i just went and tested my fake plant, im OK no running! luckly, that costed me £57!

Back
Top Bottom