Large clear side atrium, with drainage tray

Does anyone have full pics of this set up and functional that I could browse for ideas? I ordered the large clear side atrium, and the easy drainage tray.. I know there's no hole in the drainage tray.. Ideally, I want to be able to just set it on a metal shelf, with a 5 gallon bucket underneath, that I can just empty.. I have a couple weeks to work this out, as the enclosure isn't shipping until mid-April... Thanks!

So if you use the forum search function you will pull additional info. Here is my thread on my clearside. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-clear-side-aka-bemans-mansion.167884/
The tray can be easily drilled into for drainage. There is a main thread on drainage and you will find more using the search function.
Here is the link on Dragon strand for how to do a gravity drain http://dragonstrand.com/a-simple-gravity-drain-for-dragon-strand-drainage-trays/

I'm looking for an option that is easily removable and cleanable - This enclosure will be about 4 feet wide - twice as wide as my others.... In my other 24x24x48 enclosures, I just have 3" deep 24x24 gardening trays I can just pull out thru the bottom doora and rinse in the shower.. I've already looked at Bill's gravity drain, searched Youtube, and currently have an email in to him. Just looking for pics of other peoples set ups if they have this exact enclosure, and tray.

I'm looking for an option that is easily removable and cleanable - This enclosure will be about 4 feet wide - twice as wide as my others.... In my other 24x24x48 enclosures, I just have 3" deep 24x24 gardening trays I can just pull out thru the bottom doora and rinse in the shower.. I've already looked at Bill's gravity drain, searched Youtube, and currently have an email in to him. Just looking for pics of other peoples set ups if they have this exact enclosure, and tray.
Well with the way he designs his it is a tray that the cage and it's weight sits on little edges to keep the bottom of the cage out of the pan. I have a drip easy tray. So mine has a screen that is in between the actual tray and the cage. This is removable for cleaning and I got a white solid pvc material to put in for when I remove the other. With my set up I wet vac the bottom every other day and then once a week I remove my Cham and do a deep cleaning on the tray. But this involves me cleaning it with the cage on it.

Well with the way he designs his it is a tray that the cage and it's weight sits on little edges to keep the bottom of the cage out of the pan. I have a drip easy tray. So mine has a screen that is in between the actual tray and the cage. This is removable for cleaning and I got a white solid pvc material to put in for when I remove the other. With my set up I wet vac the bottom every other day and then once a week I remove my Cham and do a deep cleaning on the tray. But this involves me cleaning it with the cage on it.

So this is the exact cage you have? Do you have pictures of it set up?
1553890838209.png

Here's a pic of mine, but not with the plants in it yet. I find that all I have to do, about once a week, is to take some towels and sop up the excess water on the floor of the tray, and then I squeeze them into the plants that might not be getting hit by the mister heads (sometimes my veiled would grab a mister head and turn it without me realizing it). It sits on a desk that I got from World Market.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 142
Here's a pic of mine, but not with the plants in it yet. I find that all I have to do, about once a week, is to take some towels and sop up the excess water on the floor of the tray, and then I squeeze them into the plants that might not be getting hit by the mister heads (sometimes my veiled would grab a mister head and turn it without me realizing it). It sits on a desk that I got from World Market.

How do you disinfect it? Do you spot clean daily? (On a side note, is that spray foam? If so, what's it covered with to make it look like dirt? I like the inset planters idea.. I usually just have a giant pothos hanging in each of my current cages because that's really all that fits well.)

How do you disinfect it? Do you spot clean daily? (On a side note, is that spray foam? If so, what's it covered with to make it look like dirt? I like the inset planters idea.. I usually just have a giant pothos hanging in each of my current cages because that's really all that fits well.)

I do spot clean it, and after I sop up all the water then I use an animal-friendly cleaner when the cham is not in the cage to clean.

Yes, it's spray foam and it's covered by coco fibers for that "dirt look". The planters are a double-insert, so the one pot is foamed into the cage and won't move. Then. you pot your plants into another pot the same size and slide it right into the one that's foamed into the cage. There's a couple of reasons to do this - 1. If you have an issue with a plant you can move it around to get more or less misting or 2. If your plant gets mealy bugs (the bane of my existance), you can pop the plant out to treat it, and replace it with another plant.

I'm lucky to live in FL, so on my back lanai I have a bunch of plants in pots just waiting to be swapped out, or others that are being treated for the mealy bugs. I'd advise that if you foam in pots to not use any pot smaller than 6" in diameter. I used some 4" for this cage and they are just too small. The plants end up being spindly and dry out too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom