Lamp clamps

Uri

Avid Member
Does anyone have any experience with flukers lamp clamp fixture? I wanna angle my heat for a slightly more broad range of heat instead of just one area that gets a temp my heat lamp isn’t on for 12 hours straight but only periodically but I’d also like one to get the heat lamp off of the top my chameleon doesn’t climb up there unless he sees an escapee but still I’d like to get a lamp clamp as a safety precaution also do you use lamp stands like the ones from zoomed and exoterra to mount the clamps? I saw one by flukers that’s got a clamp and dimmer anyone know if it’s any good? I gotta go to my local pet shop for some supplies anyways and I might pick it up if it’s any good I need light stands for my geckos anyways

Of course if anyone has any other lamp clamps they use that they’d like to share in open to those as well!

I have a Flukers lamp clamp and an industrial one. I like the flukers the most since it grips the cages pretty well, it was made to grip small surfaces. I would get a flukers if that’s what you’re wanting.

I have a Flukers lamp clamp and an industrial one. I like the flukers the most since it grips the cages pretty well, it was made to grip small surfaces. I would get a flukers if that’s what you’re wanting.
Do you have any pictures id love to see how you mount yours!

Of course if anyone has any other lamp clamps they use that they’d like to share in open to those as well!

I use clamp lights from Lowe's Despot. I try to pick them up on sale for around $10.

1631032372783.png
When designing lighting apparatus, I take this into account and use materials the clamps can make use of.

For example, this is my Missus' tortoise table/enclosure. The board that the lights are clamped onto supports the UVB. It only needed to be a 1 x 2 to support the linear UVB fixture, but to accommodate a couple of clamp lights (one basking, one plant light) anywhere in the enclosure, I used a 1 x 6 instead. The clamps will fit either/both sides—even adjacent to the UVB.
1631032984534.jpeg

I also recently redid the lighting in the chameleon enclosure. For this, I did use a 1 x 2 frame, but that's plenty to accommodate the basking/clamp light, which is tilted so the basking area falls directly below the Sansi grow lights.
1631033437985.png

I use clamp lights from Lowe's Despot. I try to pick them up on sale for around $10.

When designing lighting apparatus, I take this into account and use materials the clamps can make use of.

For example, this is my Missus' tortoise table/enclosure. The board that the lights are clamped onto supports the UVB. It only needed to be a 1 x 2 to support the linear UVB fixture, but to accommodate a couple of clamp lights (one basking, one plant light) anywhere in the enclosure, I used a 1 x 6 instead. The clamps will fit either/both sides—even adjacent to the UVB.
View attachment 309578

I also recently redid the lighting in the chameleon enclosure. For this, I did use a 1 x 2 frame, but that's plenty to accommodate the basking/clamp light, which is tilted so the basking area falls directly below the Sansi grow lights.
View attachment 309579
That’s a good setup but the ones at my local Lowe’s are made of plastic for the base if that makes sense instead of heat lamp domes that have it made of ceramic which is something I’d rather not for the fire hazard

Reactions: Uri
Back
Top Bottom