Kiwi

Is that what it sounds like? It sounds kinda cute like a baby hiss but it's short like a puff not real long
ok good you will know when its not just a hiss it would sound like its gasping for air which could be a RI infection but your cham looks pretty young so i wouldn't worry to much about that unless you see it doing it alot. but more than likely he is trying to tell you to back off lol.

ok good you will know when its not just a hiss it would sound like its gasping for air which could be a RI infection but your cham looks pretty young so i wouldn't worry to much about that unless you see it doing it alot. but more than likely he is trying to tell you to back off lol.
He's only done it 2 times, one yesterday when a mealworm went under the eco carpet and I had to put my whole arm in it, and the second time when I was moving a hybiscus flower so he could try it.

He's only done it 2 times, one yesterday when a mealworm went under the eco carpet and I had to put my whole arm in it, and the second time when I was moving a hybiscus flower so he could try it.
Oh be careful with mealworms and try not to feed them anymore they are very bad for chameleons they have no nutritional value.

Ok! We ran out of crickets so we got them, he definatly doesn't like them as much
Lol i don't blame him. but anything would be better than those. next time see if they have like wax worms or something else he can eat. the mealworms shell is really hard and its not good for him to digest.

Wash your plants, and take out half of the soil and replace it with organic soil. Also put either a fine netting over it, or rocks so your chameleon doesn't have a chance of ingesting the soil and it being toxic. Give her/him a week or so to get settled in. Chameleons aren't "hold me all of the time" kinds of pets. Don't just go in and pick it up. Slowly introduce your hand. Try to had feed it to see if it'll eat from your hand. That's how I have to feed mine otherwise he won't eat. Eventually it'll associate your hand with food, and then maybe it will let you hold it. Also, be careful about using your own branches and stuff from your yard. They can carry pesticides which are extremely harmful for your cham. I heard that you can boil them? I would just buy some from a pet store instead. Make sure your cham has plenty of stuff to climb on and leaves and such for it to hide in.

I'm no professional, I'm just telling you what I have read. I wish you the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom