Kinyongia uluguruensis

A couple more female photos, two different individuals. The first photo is of the smallest one. She is growing like crazy. Still shows signs of importation battle scars. The second one pictured just finished a shed.

Trying to get more photos of males, but they get stressed for the camera.

The ladies look great! Thanks for posting more pictures of this species!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Attachments

• uluguru3.jpg
    uluguru3.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 424
Smallest female hanging out in her favorite plant. She likes this dead tree so much that I don't dare take it out. She finished her second shed since she arrived. Growing like a weed.

Attachments

• uluguru7.jpg
    uluguru7.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 315
Thanks! Still only about half the size of the big girls. This one is way calmer and acclimated easily. I like getting the smaller WC chams. They seem to have an easier time with captivity.

She doesn't look too tense in the photo, either. More like she's watching you to see what you're doing. I'm looking forward to more pics. :)

I got six eggs today laid in the enclosure when she thought I wasn't looking. They all appear fertile. I suspect these were from a mating after import. I paired her up quite a few times, but couldn't stick around to observe copulation.

Anyway, they are all nice and pink so we'll see how long they take. I'm suspecting over a year, but we'll see.

Attachments

• kulueggs2.jpg
    kulueggs2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 332
Another observation to mention. I took her out of the enclosure as to not see me digging up her eggs. All of my enclosures are set up pretty much identical. I took care of the eggs and then went to put her back into her enclosure.

She was down in the corner of the temp enclosure arranging dead leaves over where she thought they were buried, lol. Not even the same cage.

I got six eggs today laid in the enclosure when she thought I wasn't looking. They all appear fertile. I suspect these were from a mating after import. I paired her up quite a few times, but couldn't stick around to observe copulation.

Anyway, they are all nice and pink so we'll see how long they take. I'm suspecting over a year, but we'll see.

Wow!! Fantastic, fingers crossed for you & the eggs Mike.

Very cool! Congrats on the eggs Mike

This is just awesome!!

I wonder if anyone else has ever been sent these and they were misidentified. Nonetheless, it is very awesome the success you're having, Mike.

Chase

This is just awesome!!

I wonder if anyone else has ever been sent these and they were misidentified. Nonetheless, it is very awesome the success you're having, Mike.

Chase

Thanks Chase!

I would assume it might have happened but not very likely until this year. They might have even got mix and match if they got a pair. Having a whole shipment of these was somewhat of a freak thing but it could occur again at some point I suppose. The export quota has already been exceeded for this year but as the animals were only declared as fischeri, who knows how many more will come in. Being that there were only six individuals ever observed in the wild hopefully they leave some in the bushes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom