Kinyongia Tenuis (Usambara Soft-horned Chameleon)

toddmkeller

Avid Member
Here is a recently acquired addition to my collection, unfortunately my male didn't make it, but I have found a replacement I think.

She is eating well, drinking and is quite active. I have been leaving her alone, but I snapped these two when closing the cage door while I was feeding her. She has been eating house flies, Hydei, Melongasters, and some small spiders.

Can anyone tell me whether this coloration is receptive, gravid or????

DSC_0003-3.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

3841591564_24e0b0e017_b.jpg

See Ya,

Todd

Last edited:
Congrats with this nice species!
I keep them myself and they are really fun to work with. You can keep them in small groups of 2 males and several females in a big enclosure without a problem.
Me and my friend have both our first captive hatched juveniles since a short time. Males and females are easily distinguishable with their color/stripe pattern and especially females have a green nose and males a brown/red nose when they are adult. Even freshly hatched animals should be easy to sexe since you can clearly see the difference between the stripe pattern of males and females, although i need to confirm this when they grow up!

best regards

Joery

I thought I would share this one of her sleeping, she is about to shed and is fairly drab, however she still has some nice colors on her casque.

3902272591_28dec89b03_b.jpg

Very nice Todd. Beautifull girl you got there. Good luck with a male and future CB babies.

Thanks!

Luckily I have a male lined up. I have had this girl for about a month now and she has gained weight and eats everything I offer. Im not absolutely sure if she is cycling a retained clutch at the moment or not. She looked distended when I got her, and if you look at the pic above she looks like she may be in the beginning stages of gestation.

See ya,

Todd

That picture is slightly deceiving, but she is getting rounder. She isn't bulging at all like it almost looks in the picture. Either way, time will tell. She has a laying bin in there. I suppose the true test is to show her a male ;)

See ya,

Todd

That picture is slightly deceiving, but she is getting rounder. She isn't bulging at all like it almost looks in the picture. Either way, time will tell. She has a laying bin in there. I suppose the true test is to show her a male ;)

See ya,

Todd

I was refering to her color. That red rusty color is what they are When gravid

Here are a couple more from today

3908767898_db532538bf_b.jpg

3907986533_1019d58d01_b.jpg

Can somebody tell me what this second coloration is? stress, gravid etc?

Thanks,

Todd

Wow Todd, that is a sexy female :) I've seen them for sale on KS and have been a bit interested in them and those pictures make me want some even more.

Back
Top Bottom