Kinda Upset :(

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!
Well my new project has slightly been hindered for the time being. The older male passed away in the past three days. I was out of town, and the person who was looking after them did not notice the little one not being there. I am very upset because it looks like it was painful. My guess is that he choked to death because he bit his tongue and the muscle in the back was blocking the airway when I opened his mouth. This is rough for me because I traded my verrucosus pair for him and the other little guy, and now it seems like I only got one in the deal. But, he was a healthy chameleon, so it was not a sickness to which caused his death, at least I am guessing.

LPR08

awe,im so sorry to hear that you lost your cham,its so aweful to hear these things happening:( this is why i am so scared to leave my chams with anyone but myself,we want to go on hollidays this summer but i am so reluctant to go..and when i hear things like this it just confirms it for me..i dont wanna go if they cant come too...i sure hope you feel better soon,although the pain of losing an animal never truly goes away...

I don't know why, that's what is so hard. He was eating, drinking, and pooping fine. I guess it was a freak accident. I am glad I found him already gone, seeing him choke to death would have been terrible.

LPR08

Thanks for all of the nice words everyone

I'm so sorry to hear that. There's nothing worse than losing a cham/pet, but it's even worse when you have big plans for it/them.

Damn man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that, the most frustrating thing is you don't really know why. :( .......:mad:

Hello all!
Well my new project has slightly been hindered for the time being. The older male passed away in the past three days. I was out of town, and the person who was looking after them did not notice the little one not being there. I am very upset because it looks like it was painful. My guess is that he choked to death because he bit his tongue and the muscle in the back was blocking the airway when I opened his mouth. This is rough for me because I traded my verrucosus pair for him and the other little guy, and now it seems like I only got one in the deal. But, he was a healthy chameleon, so it was not a sickness to which caused his death, at least I am guessing.

LPR08
So sorry to hear about that.

~~1.0 Veiled Chameleon

Back
Top Bottom