Kinda sad...

kaylie

It seems like the only time I ever see my cham anymore is when I wake up and look at his cage without moving and see him basking. As soon as I start moving he does his leaf walk into his big fake "tree" and stays there. Sometimes all day. If I leave and come back, sometimes I will catch him walking on a vine, but he dashes back into the tree when he sees me. Sometimes he won't eat until the next morning after I put food in because he wants to stay hidden after he's seen me (happened twice). It's like I'm just taking care of a cage for plants and offering feeders to a ghost... :(

I know it stinks, my chameleon is the same way, he wants nothing to do with anyone or anything that is outside his habitat.
I always put his food in at night when he is sleeping so when he wakes up its already there and he doesn't have to worry about seeing me fiddle in his home trying to prepare his food. if i put food in his cage when he is up and alert he wont go for it unless I'm gone for a couple hours.
hopefully as he gets older he wont be as shy, but right now this is what i have to deal with. I still love just the same

The leaf walk cracks me up :) as if we think there is this random rainbow colored leaf blowing in the pretend breeze hahaha

It seems like the only time I ever see my cham anymore is when I wake up and look at his cage without moving and see him basking. As soon as I start moving he does his leaf walk into his big fake "tree" and stays there. Sometimes all day. If I leave and come back, sometimes I will catch him walking on a vine, but he dashes back into the tree when he sees me. Sometimes he won't eat until the next morning after I put food in because he wants to stay hidden after he's seen me (happened twice). It's like I'm just taking care of a cage for plants and offering feeders to a ghost... :(

Try putting a tree outside the cage and let your cham roam on that. Some chams are much "happier" when they are out of their cage.

Back
Top Bottom