Killer ants drama

FaunaBgirl

Ants that prefer meat, and attacking me, my crickets and worms. They've found and killed hundreds. They even attacked my house guest, racing up her and biting her for killing a line of them at the front door. Real They bite me a LOT. "Twilight Zone" stuff here.
Anyway... I've been cleaning all the edges of my place where they come in, then laying powdered cinnamon in lines they won't cross. Only to find they come in elsewhere. They are relentless. I am upstairs on stilts over the parking stalls. There are billions and we've been fighting them for a week or more. The cinnamon works until it gets damp or looses potency.

Now... today, the landord sprayed something in the walls and all around outside, and now roaches are turning up on their backs in my kitchen. I have previously asked him to inform me if he ever uses a pesticide so I can remove my reptiles. Do I have a lawsuit? I've been feeling the effects myself. Throat is swollen, sinus', lungs and headache/temple aches. My poor chams. :{ My house guest fled the scene.

Hmmm...as far as a lawsuit....i doubt it. The only way you get get a lawsuit for damages (chams) would probably be if you could prove intent. It would actually be harder to win the lawsuit because he probably did not know the specific reasons as to why you didnt want him to spray, or wanted to be informed of the sprayings.
In fact, if you asked him to spray, because of an ant problem, he was just doing what he thought was right in regards to taking care of his tenants.
Your only case would be if you specifically told him no spraying because of herps and he came and did it anyway without telling.
But..here again, you have to prove that he was informed (dated documentation)for those specific reasons (herps) .
Maybe if you asked, at the time of moving in, if herps were allowed that could be proof of him knowing. But in the end...youd end up paying more for legal fees and what not then by just buying new chams. Who knows, maybe hed be bitter too and not renew you lease... haha

Although the landlord was told that I needed to know so I could remove my delicate chameleons, I did not have it in writing. So deep down, I guess I knew I dodn't have a leg to stand on. I did not ask him to spray poison for ants. I am using cinnamon as my repellant. Chalk is another natural repellant for ants. Cucumbers for roaches. No need for harsh chemicals.

Why don't you use the stuff the ants carry back to the nest, feed the queen, and it kills her? I know its toxic but put it in areas you know will be safe but effective. You can spray all day long and they're going to come back if the queen is still around.

I laid 6 of those combat things last Friday before this. Didn't even phase them. I won't spray. I just keep cleaning.... wiping them up, vaccumning and moping.
Don't know why they are in my computer room, but they're here
The battle continues...
And yes... it sucks... and they bite!

idk if this helps. but mix 1 part of sugar and 1 part of borax and pour the mixture in a very shallow container accessible to ants.
Put the cup in the area where the ants are marching and hope for the best.

The chams!

I would be worried about your chams been killed by the ants so dont let that happen I had ants kill all of my silkworms 1 time that sucked, i also had geckos and they got killed to there were about 5 geckos in a tank.
Keep the chams safe from them.

I have been very diligent about my chams and my crested geckos as I fear for them. So far, I've been ahead of any beginning disaster. I'm neurotically cleaning everything constantly. Not getting much sleep these days. The poison my landlord did yesterday has affected my chams appetite today. They have none. :{
Is borax like the soap boraxo? Is it harmful to my other pets? I have quail and canaries as well as house geckos too.

it's a laundry booster.
Put the mixture in the area where the ants are crawling.
But, off course, don't let your pet eat those sugar.

Back
Top Bottom