Kenyan Xantholophus?

It's an interesting project. I just don't have the room to devote to another species.
I'm interested to see how the Kenyan imports compare to the Hawaiian's that we have so many of here. I will be following their progress into
the F1 generation.
Best wishes for their success.

I won't be breeding but as always you guys are welcome to my bugs when I have them, may donate when I can. I am starting to raise specifically so that aspergillus intoxication isn't an issue, or as little as one as it can be.

I'm seriously considering it but I'm going away for 2 weeks in June. When will these be imported? It all depends on when they are being imported and shipped out to us chameleon keepers.

I will definitely be looking in to this. If I do, hopefully I can breed and get some F1 offspring. Just have to see how things work out with all of my projects.

You might want to wait for the F1 offspring and get those. Let them do the heavy lifting of acclimating and deworming the imported ones. Then get that first generation of CB's. They are going to need buyers when all these imports have babies later this year.

True, I will see how things turn out, I might be able to do it, they are farmed, so it wouldn't be as bad, but I agree, still pretty bad.

I am aware of that. I'd think that the shock is a bit less than the parents who were caught directly from their homes, if you know what I mean.
The Imports from this Farm come in extremely healthy. I haven't got the Jacksons X from them, but the Kenyan Jackson's are way bigger than Hawaiian or Florida's. I had them back in the 90s, they are huge and a completely different animal. At this price I highly recommend them.

I hope I didn't sound negative about them. I think they will be awesome.
I'm just think anyone who hasn't dealt with acclimating or isolating imports would benefit from waiting and buying the CB's that will need homes.
Establishing the second generations in good homes will be as important to the project as this import stage.
The FB page is going to share a lot of information on this for anyone involved or just interested in general.

Back
Top Bottom