Keeps opening his mouth really wide

My little guy does that, but only when he is making a bowel movement! I was actually going to post a thread about it to see if that is normal or maybe he is constipated. He always potties on the same side of his habitat, and toward the front. But I noticed the few times I saw him with his mouth open he was doing his biz...lol... So if that is normal then YEAH, and maybe you should check under him when he moves! If not then I will follow your post to see if I need to check anything else! :)

*giggles* I hadn't thought of that. I'm gonna pay attention to that now and see if that's what it is. That would be a relief.

On a side note, I noticed him becoming interested in the bottom of the plants lately... like he's trying to dig through the rocks to get to the dirt. I don't know wtf this means, but I've put a little laying bin in there just in case he is a girl lol. He has been looking really fat lately, but I assumed he was just growing.

Got some more pictures of him today. Caught another one of him opening his mouth. That's him in his cage, looking all brown. He also often has black bars in his cage (when he's awake.)

syd489rawr.jpg

Here's a couple of him outside his cage. Lemme know, do you see that male bulge? I really don't know how to tell :/

syd489234little.jpg

syd48909.jpg

syd4848little.jpg

I'm in no way an expert at the "guess the gender" game, but I think having a laying bin in there is a good idea. All that "poking around the rocks" hints at a desire to lay.

By the way, I love that top picture. I know the gaping is disturbing, but it makes a great picture with the mouth open and the limbs all akimbo. He/She kind of looks like he/she's singing.

I am def. not an expert, but all the info I have read and videos I've watch, and pictures I've seem he looks like a male. Females seem to be neutral earth tones , he seems to already have some green and yellow. Also look at his back feet, is there like a spur or point to the V, that is another indication...I think ;)
He is a cutie!! Did you check for poo? lol

Thanks guys :)

I think the spurs are only for the veileds... but I do believe he is male because he has been really colorful lately.

I checked and he wasn't pooing last time his mouth was open. Also, its looking kinda yellow in there... I don't know if this is part of his normal color changing or if its a cause for concern. No stringy brown stuff...

Yeah, the spur thing is a Veiled thing.

I've seen people with females that showed a lot more color than is normal (and, males which didn't show nearly the expected color).

Have you dropped the temps?

Sooo... for anyone who was following this thread, or had concerns about their cham doing the same thing, I adjusted his basking light, and lowered his temps, and I haven't seen him do the mouth thing for a long time. Also, he's been eating like a beast, which I think means he's healthy. Still not sure on the sex, but I'm still thinking boy (especially since that's what I paid for).

I'm not sure if the thermometer was reading wrong or if he just likes a bit cooler, but that seemed like it was the problem.

Also, I've changed his supplements according to your suggestions.

Thanks guys!

Male or Female?

Colors say Male, Tail looks female.... In the month to come you should see the bulge at the base of the tail if He indeed is a He... if not, nice female! Sorry, I know this isn't much help... lol:D

Back
Top Bottom