Keeping roaches

Dubias are great feeders...if your chameleons likes them. I have 2 of my males wont touch them. All of my others love them.

a little side info on my experiences with them.....I bought 50 from someone on this forum I have about 80 or so now. Ive been feeding them off every so often....just because...no real reason.

They are hardy...I resently went through a move and forgot my Dubias in the garage for about 4 days.....the temps were around 20-30.....now when I went out there and saw my tub I thought "OH $#%^!!!!" but I brought them into the house and within a hour they were all back in action !!! These things are hard to kill....and very easy to keep. If I took more care with them Im sure my colony would be alot bigger....but its just one of those things I dont have time for right now.

Males do fly...but the ones ive seen dont really fly too well. More of a escape tactic then a full blown flight. One male got away from one of my chams inside the cage and kinda "flew" to the bottom....more like fell with its wings flapping.

Back
Top Bottom