keeping live plants alive?

chastity

my male veiled is getting bigger (and more vicious) every day. he has been eating his pothos to smithereens and knocking all the leaves off his ficus. how do i keep the plants from dying after the way he treats them?! he's already completely killed a hibiscus, a bromeliad, and now he seems to be working on these ones. is there any way to keep them hanging on and make them recover faster or do i just have to keep replacing them as he murders them? :confused: we allow him outside time when he wants out (which isn't often, he's still growing and "doesn't need help from his mommy"). sometimes i even leave his door open and he just sits there poofing up being a jerk then goes back in to kill more plants. any help for this?

Have you tried distracting him by offering fresh fruit like strawberries. Once he eats fruit maybe he'll leave the plants alone.

Carl

Have you tried distracting him by offering fresh fruit like strawberries. Once he eats fruit maybe he'll leave the plants alone.

Carl

he wont touch anything i offer him other than crickets & the occasional super. i've tried offering him greens and fruits (we have bearded dragons so i offer them to him daily with theirs) and he just gets angry and stays 50 feet away from his bowl. -.- nevermind trying to get him to eat from your hand.

Back
Top Bottom