keeping humidity up in a screen cage

MariahP

so im setting up a new chameleon cage. up untill now ive had my male veiled in a glass tank and ive also been doing a million other things wrong but thanks to this site im starting all over to give my Guillermo a better life. so i ordered a 24 ×24 × 48 screen cage and someone told me i could use shower curtain to keep humidity in and i like that idea so how should i hang it? like what panels should i place it on and the best method of installing it. also any other options/opinions? thanks!

What you could do is use duct tape to connect it to the sides, which is the easiest way. Another way to get this done, is to get corrugated plastic, cut it to size, and tape it.

What you could do is use duct tape to connect it to the sides, which is the easiest way. Another way to get this done, is to get corrugated plastic, cut it to size, and tape it.
okay, i like duct tape thats easy haha. so where should i put it on the cage to keep the humidity in best? or how much of the cage should be covered?

okay, i like duct tape thats easy haha. so where should i put it on the cage to keep the humidity in best? or how much of the cage should be covered?
I would recommend the left side, back, and right side, and position the lights to get a chimney affect for air circulation by moving the basking light to one side.

I keep my 24x24x48 screen cage on a wire shelving unit and wrap the back and sides of the shelving unit itself with tarp. I secure the tarp using zip ties, I cut small holes in the to put the zip ties through and attach them to the posts.

Don’t use duct tape, especially inside a viv. Don’t know how big your cham is but for some reason lizards always seem to manage to get themselves stuck to it. Wouldn’t use it on the outside either cause it will look horrible and you deserve better than that. Get a handful of those tiny zip ties, if you connect a couple of them together they will be thin enough to fit through the screen mesh without tearing it and long enough to wrap all the way aroud the frame. Will be stronger too!

Amazon has a large selection of prints that will go well with your viv. One of mine, jungle waterfall:
20CC0D60-3A69-4E7C-8CBD-D6F7BE172820.jpeg

Just gotta get crafty with your enclosure! lol I used plastic sheet and wrapped the back and right side of the cage. Secured it to the screen with some small zip ties. Keep the cage as far as possible from any air vents in the house and use lots of live plants to help trap humidity.

Back
Top Bottom