Keeping/breeding feeders

ocular_factitus

It's so easy! NOT!
I've failed at breeding wax worms I've failed at raising crickets, so why am i tempted to try my hand at raising hornworms?
I've been reading The Manduca Project and they'll tell you how to do this with the diet, and that with the diet,
but they won't divulge what their diet consists of. Kept under lock and key in the pentagon?
They'll actually dance around the subject, and skim it. Just like no one will say how to keep soldier flies/Phoenix worms. What's up!?

It's so easy! NOT!
I've failed at breeding wax worms I've failed at raising crickets, so why am i tempted to try my hand at raising hornworms?
I've been reading The Manduca Project and they'll tell you how to do this with the diet, and that with the diet,
but they won't divulge what their diet consists of. Kept under lock and key in the pentagon?
They'll actually dance around the subject, and skim it. Just like no one will say how to keep soldier flies/Phoenix worms. What's up!?

Wax worms are easy mate:)

you need a metal tin with tiny tiny holes punched in it

wood shavings

bee pollen

and about 20 pairs of moths

mix the wood shavings with lots of bee pollen you need a good 3inch layer of the mix in the tin,chuck in your moths
Then stick the tin some where dark and warm for around 8 weeks(dont peak just leave it alone) when you check it after this time you'll notice heat from the cluture
open it up and there will be 1000's of waxies in there
Easy!!
This maybe be a tad expensive but it works a treat;)

Luke

Back
Top Bottom