Keepers and Breeders in or near Germany

TCMontium

Hello fellow chameleon addicts,

I will be (hopefully) moving to Germany in 3 weeks and I would like to communicate with other chameleon keepers and breeders from Germany or even the neighboring countries. I will be living in Hessen, so every other major city in Germany are going to be both "far and near" to me, 2-4 hours with a train or bus ticket :D. I would be happy to meet or at least trade animal, equipment and knowledge with other chameleon enthusiasts.
I plan to keep just 1 species for now. I have 4 years of experience with Panthers and Jackson's, also some other species, plus much internet & book knowledge. I plan to keep and breed a species I always admired like T. montium, T. lateraspinis, R. spinosus, R. acuminatus, C. gallus, C. boettgeri or some other small to medium size beautiful and unique species that I admire.

A concern of mine is the summer heat in Germany. I found out that even though most german apartments do not have a AC installed, sometimes room temperatures in summer exceed 30 degrees celsius, for several days/weeks! :eek: If this is the case how are you able to keep montane or half-montane species in Germany? They certainly require cool climate to survive, as far as the sources tell me.
If these heat strokes are true, then is it possible for me to keep not-so-hardy chameleon species like T. montium, Rhamphelon spp. or small Calumma spp. in a room without AC? How do you keep them in Germany, or any other place that has similar climate? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom