Keep heat in

Eshelton3

I’m trying to figure out how to hold heat in during the day? It stays pretty much at 70F all day. It drops down perfectly at night. I’m going to get a fogger to run at night to keep the humidity pretty high at night. I have a Panther chameleon

Solid sides and back will help. You can use window film on the frame of your cage. Leave the door panel and service door clear. https://www.amazon.com/Duck-5-Windo...77310&sprefix=duct+window+film,aps,218&sr=8-4

Double check temp and humidity levels to make sure that they are within range. Your really looking for low 70's at most for an ambient temp. But the window film will help if your ambient house temp is colder by holding in the heat from the basking lamp. Remember you really want night time temps to be lower then 67 for a fogger to be used at night.

Solid sides and back will help. You can use window film on the frame of your cage. Leave the door panel and service door clear. https://www.amazon.com/Duck-5-Window-Insulator-210-Inch-286217/dp/B000NHY1P0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1TGGW5J28WDX1&dchild=1&keywords=duct+window+film+kit&qid=1634677310&sprefix=duct+window+film,aps,218&sr=8-4

Double check temp and humidity levels to make sure that they are within range. Your really looking for low 70's at most for an ambient temp. But the window film will help if your ambient house temp is colder by holding in the heat from the basking lamp. Remember you really want night time temps to be lower then 67 for a fogger to be used at night.
I have 3 sides wrapped around with a shower curtain. Do you think it could be that my dome might be too small. It’s a 5 inch with a 75 watt bulb

Attachments

• B68CAC01-9923-4341-BCF8-19CD4C16756C.jpeg
    B68CAC01-9923-4341-BCF8-19CD4C16756C.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 68
Surprising that doesn’t give you higher than 70’s. What is the distance between basking area and the light? Is your room unusually chilly?

I’m trying to figure out how to hold heat in during the day? It stays pretty much at 70F all day. It drops down perfectly at night. I’m going to get a fogger to run at night to keep the humidity pretty high at night. I have a Panther chameleon
70 during the day should be fine except for your cham's basking site/perch.

Sorry, my eyes aren't so good. Is that a cage (screen) of some kind on the clamp light fixture?
If so, I would remove it—it could be absorbing/blocking some of the heat from the bulb.

That fixture & bulb should be fine, though I do have a couple halogens up into the 90W range.

70 during the day should be fine except for your cham's basking site/perch.

Sorry, my eyes aren't so good. Is that a cage (screen) of some kind on the clamp light fixture?
If so, I would remove it—it could be absorbing/blocking some of the heat from the bulb.

That fixture & bulb should be fine, though I do have a couple halogens up into the 90W range.
Yes it’s a screen enclosure 24x24x48. I already put a shower curtain around 3 sides. I’m also going to go get another kind of thermometer later from lowes. A aculite thermometer/hygrometer was recommended to me maybe that will work better

Yes it’s a screen enclosure 24x24x48. I already put a shower curtain around 3 sides. I’m also going to go get another kind of thermometer later from lowes. A aculite thermometer/hygrometer was recommended to me maybe that will work better
I was talking about a separate screen cover on the basking light fixture (to be removed).

I like & use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Y6CYVT9/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They've got big numbers for both functions, they're inexpensive, and easy to compare against each other if there's ever a question of accuracy/calibration.

I keep my house at 68 and I use a 60 watt halogen household bulb, nothing special and it’s 8-9 inches away from the basking spot and my basking spot sits at 80 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom