Keep digin or turn lights out

lanceman

She just started digin about 8:30pm should i turn her lights out or let her keep at it shes in real far now ??

She just started digin about 8:30pm should i turn her lights out or let her keep at it shes in real far now ??
I'd turn out the main lights. Perhaps a small night-light could be left on (simulated moon light) though They seem quite capable of digging in the dark. I do have a red lamp in the cham room, which Ive usually left on when there is digging action.

perfect thats what i was guna do hapy to see others feel same. she has def been waitin long enough to do it day 36 now.

Congrats...start saving your pennies, those babies are sure going to eat a lot in about eight months from now. LOL

I would check on her periodically, I had a female who's
sand collapsed on her overnight. It's a possibility.
Good Luck Daddy
~~G

I'm sure she's done by now but I wanted to share an experience I had.

I think this only happened once for me when a female started digging late, or she was digging and it was getting late.

It was a WC senegalensis. I left the light on for her. She was still digging in the morning when I discovered she had a broken back foot. I secured her foot and put her back in. She went about her business and I believe she finished around noon. If I remember correctly, she laid 35 eggs. They were all fertile, she survived, recuperated and her leg healed well.

I believe they know what to do and can probably keep doing it even when the sun goes down. But I did leave the light on anyway.

Back
Top Bottom