Kazuma likes his new home too much

Midnighthwk

when my guy was in his old 2'x2'x3' cage he loved coming out and hangin with me but since he has been in his new cage he doesnt want to come out.
29''x38''x72'' d,w,h
pics on many many other threads. i am sure u have seen it by now

have any of u had this prob?
its only been about a week, u think i should wait longer to see if he is ok with coming out again?

i have only taken him out 2 times for shower time and he loves shower time but he hates coming out now. he puffs up and snaps at me and stays puffed up till he see's the shower then gets all happy again. then puffs up when showertime is over till he see's me open his cage.

i am also thinking of taking out the fake silk leaf vines (50 feet). he doesnt seem to like them, prob cuz they dont give any suport when he trys to grab on them. they are wraped on bamboo sticks.
he takes the long way instead of the shortcut with the silk leafs. when he does use them if its near the screen when he comes to the leafs he will get on the screen to get past the leaf then back on the stick and so forth every 3 inches
IMG_1267.jpg

Very Nice Indeed

thx

arg i hate waiting, i want to take the fake vines with silk out but i dont want to stress him more.....

he wasnt like that before i put the silk ones in. 2 days after he moved in....
oh well just going to have to suck it up for a few more days till his next shower time

i just moved my Camo to hisnew home about 2 weeks ago, he too seems to love it so much he dosent want to come out as much. Hes dosent puff or hiss when i get him out, he just doesent wander out the open door as much as used too. i really believe that he just likes his new place and all his new plants. seems like you guy does as well

I received a veiled recently who loved to free range a good part of the day. Well not at my house. He not only doesn't want out of the cage, he doesn't even want to be seen. I received a nice bite on the day he arrived, and all I was doing was putting food in his cage.:eek: I named him Cujo and now stay out of his way.

I received a veiled recently who loved to free range a good part of the day. Well not at my house. He not only doesn't want out of the cage, he doesn't even want to be seen. I received a nice bite on the day he arrived, and all I was doing was putting food in his cage.:eek: I named him Cujo and now stay out of his way.

I think Cujo is well fitting! LOL :D

Totally normal. In his old cage he didn't feel as comfortable as he did in his new home. You've made him a nice setup that he's decided is his territory and he's defending it from you. That's a good thing - it means he likes it and feels safe enough to argue! Only downside is it probably will not fade with time, you now have a cage ornament more than a pet, just like the rest of us. :)

when i am at my comp he will come down to the 2nd tier of plants (eye lvl sitting) and watch me like in the pic but if other people come in or i am making a ruckus like misting him he will go back to the top where 2 of his backing spots are.

Back
Top Bottom