Karma took a spill

Markarian

:mad: My juvenile veiled female took a fall, about 5 feet onto soft carpet. She seems perfectly fine, but I'm kicking myself all the way to the forums. Is there anything I should be checking for in the morning? She's sound asleep and I don't want to wake her. She seemed perfectly fine afterward, but she's so tiny that I want to make sure she didn't injure herself.

Also, on an unrelated note, can someone link me pictures of what she might look like when fully-grown? She's about 3.5 inches, snout to vent and is just the normal green with white lines right now.

I'm a first-time owner, so I'm still getting my bearings here.

Mines fell off my shoulders 5 times trying to run away when i was trying to grab him and put him away one week and hes been fine (I dont put him there anymore btw lol) so i think you could be good as long as it seems to be acting normal.

My little female female will stay in 1 spot when I have her out and she likes to chill out on my right pointer finger. She hates the fact that my friend and husband have tried coaxing her to their finger. She puff up and hiss at them both. Starting to think shes going to be a 1 person chameleon. She doesnt care when my son tried petting here though lol. Anyways, I'm lucky that neither one of them have tried "making a run for it"! :rolleyes:

Hope your Karma is doing ok! =P

you should be fine. just look out for any signs of her walking funny, limping, not using a limb. some chams actually leap off bushs to get away from predators.

Like thatoneguy says - keep an eye out for problems, but she should be fine. Did you notice her puff up as she fell? Chams have cartilage ribs and use this to escape from predators, so hopefully her shock absorbers worked ok :)

Back
Top Bottom