Karma comes home tonight!

katlovesaandw

Hubby heads over to the reptile pet store/boarding kennel after work to get Karma!! We SO wanted to break in and get her on the way home from California last night!LOL Sucks that they were closed on Easter!

My house looks empty without her cage!

We did decide that we have to get her a smaller cage for boarding. The 2 x 2 x 4 one will not fit upright in the van, has to be tilted AND its awkward and too heavy with the plants for just hubby to carry.

So, before we do our summer vacation we will get a smaller one for the 3x a year we will have to board her....unless they did a horrid job and then we will never board her again!

I cannot wait..... but I know we will be back to square one as she will be mad for a few days.

Jeez, if I am this bad with a cham I have had.... think of how I will be waiting and waiting for a new baby cham to arrive if we ever get to that point!LOL

Let me know how it went with boarding your chameleon. Did you have to tell them how to take care of it?

Nope, they board a lot of reptiles! We had to bring her cage and lighting and they provide the feed and care for $5 a day.
The ones we have seen there while visiting the petstore part of it, were clean and looked good.
It is a strictly reptile only petstore. They also do where they bring reptiles places and educate the public, etc. so we felt good about it.

I was concerned that they didnt ask WHAT she prefers to eat, etc.
I was assistant manager of a cat/dog boarding kennel in FL. MANY years ago and whether it was a reptile, a bird, a dog or a cat we asked LOTS of questions so we could provide the best care possible.
Basically hubby dropped her off, they made sure they had our name and number and the pick-up date and that was it. :mad:

So, we will see......

This would be the shortest time for her to be there, so if they cant care for her during this..... then we will not be back! We do our family vacation in late June for 5+ days and then we go back to California over Thanksgiving and that would be 4+ days.

I haven't had to board either of my chams as yet, but I dread having to do it! The exotic reptile shop that Tommy came from offers boarding facilities, and although I know that they have chams themselves, I would still worry about them!

I can imagine how excited you are to get Karma home again, but she won't be very happy for a few days, lol! They hate change and boy can they sulk when they want to! Last weekend I took Tommy's bare ficus out and gave him a nice new schefflera and added the vine that he used to have and a new branch. He HATED the change and would not come out for a whole week! He's back to his normal self now, thankfully! You'd think they'd be grateful!:rolleyes:

That is Miss Lily!
LAST weekend we got Karma's new cage put together and her in it. She pouted about basically until she left. She was finally starting to not be a stink about it on Thurs. when hubby took her to boarding place!
She was in a plexi cage, really small and 1 plant when we got her on CL.
We upgraded her to a aluminum mesh cage more than twice the old cage size, 4 plants in sizes from LARGE to small, a laying bin and TONS more vines to crawl on. Was she happy about it...... NO!
Then we haul her over and now back...... I will get another week of sitting there pouting and glaring at me! JEEZ, the thanks we cham parents get!LOL

Luckily, no new changes or travel for her for over 2 months! And then it depends upon how good a job these guys did!

Ok, she is fine. He is on his way home with her.
The owner tells hubby that veiled MUST have red lamp on 24/7 though.
GRRRRRR
I told hubby that we have a whole forum of people, several which are veiled specific that state otherwise and I am more inclined to go with YOU guys than a reptile shop owner that may go that route.....

So, am patiently waiting for him to get here. Traffic is messed up so it will be about 45 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom